Question about Danby DPAC8020 Air Conditioner

1 Answer

Have an 8000 btu unit missing the vent hose

I have the same problem. I have an 8000 but unit without the vent pipe. Anyone know where I can buy one??


Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 22 Answers

Home Depot carries alot of A/C parts that may work for you. Hope this helps 2rns4u <*{{{>(

Posted on Jul 22, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Sanyo PTAC model STB0823H1 elec. heating element

Try 1st link for Support Request, 2nd link enter zip code

Dec 12, 2013 | GE Zoneline Deluxe Series Cooling &...

1 Answer

Buy replacement exhaust hose

you can connect the longer one on same place

May 07, 2013 | Haier Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Washer will spin to dry but water comes back after short time

how far down is the drain hose pushed in to the drain pipe?should only be like 3 to 4 inches,also the drain hose should be up higher than the water level in the tub.if you can pull out the drain hose try this,fill up the washer on small,after it fills,pull the hose out of the pipe and then stick the hose a few inches into the drain pipe and then turn the timer to the spin cycle and let it drain,after it stops,pull the drain hose out of the pipe,if no water enters back into washer you know that it has something to do with the way the drain hose is in the pipe or another problem.if you're saying that the drain hose is sealed to the drain pipe in the wall you will have to get in there and separate it,pull out the hose and check it,it sounds like this is where the problem is,you had the pump changed and i don't know why the guy would do this if the washer was draining so you know that's not the problem and if they changed the water valve on the washer you know water isn't leaking into the washer from the valve so i would check the drain hose.hope this helps

Apr 25, 2013 | Maytag LSE7806A Top Load Stacked...

1 Answer

P0455 vac leak 2006 pacifica

Not without knowing where the leak in the vent system is.
It could be anything from the gas cap to a missing hose between the tank and the vapor canister.
The computer vents the gas tank to the vapor canister while you are driving. The code is for a large leak in the system.

Jan 12, 2013 | 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring

1 Answer

I recently purchased a Danby Premiere 13000 btu portable air conditioner. I live in a condo with swing out windows. What are my options for venting (short of returning the unit for a refund or replacing...

John, unfortunately, you don't have many options, short of putting a hole in an exterior wall and putting an exhaust pipe with a cap (like a dryer vent has) and connecting the exhaust hose to it. OR if you have a clothes dryer in your condo and it's vented to the outside. You could temporarily disconnect the dryer's vent hose and connect the A/C's vent hose to the the dryer's outside vent.

Either way, it may be to much of a hassle . But, I'll let you decide that. I guess it will all depend on how hot your condo gets without A/C.

Let me know how it works out for you. Thanks.

May 05, 2011 | Danby Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Where can I buy this model???

THis one is an 8000 btu unit the one in the link is a 10000 btu unit which will do a better job.

May 02, 2011 | Friedrich ZStar ZQ08A10A Air Conditioner

1 Answer

I have a challenge 414/0038 air conditioner / dehumidifier. The hoses are missing. Can I use the dehumidifier without hoses? Where can I get a spare hose from if I need one? Thank you

No, you musn't use this air-conditioning unit without the hose. The hose vents the hot air outside, so if you don't have a vent the hot air will be inside and make the room warmer instead of colder.
You should be able to use any vent hose, like you would buy for a tumble drier etc from any spares shop

Apr 28, 2011 | Dehumidifiers

1 Answer

Does kenmore 8000 btu air coditioner thru the wall require a separate sleeve for installation

No you can install that unit directly through the wall and trim around it...just make sure most of the side vents are exposed outside...


Aug 21, 2010 | Kenmore 75085 Air Conditioner

1 Answer

I have a Haier 8000 BTU Air conditioner and it smells sooo bad.

you need to replace the air filter and shoot some fabreeze intothe ducts and clean the water pipe drian.

Jul 23, 2009 | Heating & Cooling

2 Answers

How can I connect a 20# tank?

lp gas hose, regulator, pipe fittings to adapt the hose to your heater.. use brass fittings.

Mar 08, 2008 | Procom 10K BTU, Vent Free, 2 Plaque...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Danby DPAC8020 Air Conditioner Logo

Related Topics:

137 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Danby Heating & Cooling Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

Dennis Boxerman

Level 3 Expert

1144 Answers


Level 1 Expert

7 Answers

Are you a Danby Heating and Cooling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides