Printer error More than one ink tank of the same color installed
My printer error comes back as...More than one ink tank of the same color is installed.
I have checked them and that is not the case. I am concerned two fold: 1. that my operating system is Vista, and1. that my system is a 64 bit system. Can you help? I really can't print or scan anything.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check x Tank (the ink color is indicated by x) This is displayed when an incorrect ink tank is installed. The final digit indicates the ink color.
So you have problem with Bk ink tank...
This is displayed when installation of an incorrect ink tank is detected. This is displayed when a checksum error occurs in the ink tank EEPROM.
Ink tank, ink tank unit, engine controller, system controller
1. Replace the ink tank. 2. Replace the ink tank unit. 3. Cable connection check Replace the cable between the ink tank unit and engine controller if the connection is not functioning normally. 4. Replace the engine controller. 5. Replace the system control
So as you can see there is a lot of possibillities, ... call service
If an error message is displayed on the LCD, take the corresponding action described below.
The following ink may have run out. Replacing the ink tank is recommended. U041
Print head is not installed.Install the print head.U051 / The type of print head is incorrect.Install the correct print head.U052
Some ink tanks are not installed in place. U072 / More than one ink tank of the following color is installed. U071
The remaining level of the following ink cannot be correctly detected. Replace the ink tank. U130
The following ink tank cannot be recognized. U043 U140 U150
The following ink has run out. Replace the ink tank. U163
There are no photos in memory card
Contact the support center or service center for ink absorber replacement. Press OK to continue printing
Ink absorber full. Service required
Timeout error has occurred
The device may be incompatible. Remove the device and check the manual supplied with the connected device
An unsupported USB hub is connected. Remove the hub.
B200Printer error has occurred. See the manual
**** Printer error has occurred. Turn off power then back on again. If problem persists, see the manual
Hi there For troubleshooting purposes, Perform the following:
1. Open the printer and remove all ink tanks.
2. Insert a single ink tank in the printer then close the cover.
3. Confirm whether the printer recognizes the installed tank properly. If it does, it will indicate it does not detect the other ink tanks, as they are not currently installed in the printer.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 with another ink tank.
5. If the printer at any time indicates two of the same ink tanks are installed, the cause will be the last tank installed. For example, if you inserted an ink tank earlier, and you later inserted another ink tank, and it said two of the same inks were installed, the cause of the issue is the last ink tank.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Error U071 : More than one ink tank of the following color is installed. U071.
Action : Confirm that the ink tanks are installed in the appropriate positions.
The machine will not print if the wrong type of ink tank is used, or if it is installed in the incorrect position.
Be sure to install the ink tanks in the correct order. The proper arrangement from the left is Black (CLI-8BK), Black (PGI-5BK), Yellow (CLI-8Y), Magenta (CLI-8M), Cyan (CLI-8C).
I have Canon M560 printer installed 8 months ago. I replaced the CLI 221 Magenta and CLI221 Cyan ink cartridges, won't work and got this message Error 1411. Tried repeatedly to reinstall the ink cartridges and still have this message coming back. Any solution you could offer? I would appreciate it. Thank you.
yeah it sounds like a cartridge sensors are stuck or broken. i would say to replace the whole print unit. It will need a service support dealer to fit this part unless you can buy it and fir it yourself.
New Page 1
More Than One of the Same Ink Tank is Installed
installing or replacing an ink tank, only one of the following ink
tanks should be installed. If the ink tank is not installed correctly,
an error message will display.
Confirm that the printer is powered on and press the Open button. (The paper output tray will open.)
Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)
When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes,
the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the
scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.
Open the inner cover.
on the tab to release the ink tank, then remove it from its slot. If
you are replacing multiple ink tanks, make sure to replace one by one.
Insert the ink tanks into the print head. Note: Press the mark "PUSH" on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.
Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.
<7> The ink tanks are installed properly.
<8> The ink tanks are not installed properly.
Note: Ink Tank LampYou can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.
- On: The printer is ready to print.
- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.
- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.
- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.
Close the inner cover and the scanning unit (printer cover). Note:
When closing the scanning unit (printer cover), be careful not to jam your finger.
When starting printing next time, the print head cleaning launches automatically.