Question about Epson Stylus CX9400 Photo Printer
Epson Stylus cx9400FAX series printer:
When doing a normal printing job; small amount of paper in the paper feed, printing from the computer. Paper jammed about 2/3rds of the way thru the sheet, feeding into the printer.
First tried to gently pull the sheet out backwards, but after maybe an inch, it was very hard, so was afraid I'd harm the rollers or whatever, so quit.
Then, following directions in the manual, and on the printer's readout: turned the printer off, then on, to allow it to clear the jam.
Wow. what a mistake. It sucked that paper all the way in, and jammed completely. I cannot SEE the paper anywhere I look. The manual is useless. (Just turn machine off, then on.)
In my previous Canon printer, I could open a "back door" and FIND the paper to remove it. I can't see anything like that here. I've looked at the feed end, the exit end, and opened the section where the ink cartridges are - no visible paper.
HELP, please. I was in the middle of printing invoices for my small business. Need those invoices, need the money, you know!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: EPSON STYLUS C4OUX
Please go to my website http://www.the-inkstore.co.uk . I have the latest version of SSC Service Utility to download directly onto your computer and instructions on how to use it, what to click on etc etc. Click any of the Epson links if you can't find it, everything you need to know will be there, including printer Firmware resetting which sorts out a multitude of problems.
The 'maintenance required' problem with Epson printers has absolutely nothing to do with which cartridges you are using, it is a built in page counter in your printer firmware, which has a different maximum amount for each Epson model. Don't listen to old wives tales and heresay, we are the experts and it's an Epson scam to cause a lot of people to pay for maintenance or throw their printers away.
I haven't found a model that can't be reset with the latest version of SSC Serve or the manual reset on my site.
For Epson RX500 users there is also a manual reset on my site, as the SSC Serve software won't do it for you.
When using the program & choosing your printer from the list, it may have a weird name with 'x' in the model number, this is because some configurations are for many models in a series. For example, the C46 will be listed as C4x as it is for the C42, C44 & C46 models.
I hope this helps all Epson users to overcome the Epson scam of page counting and locking out until you pay their dealers money for maintenance.
If you like what I've done for Epson users, please show your appreciation by spreading the word and perhaps buying your ink from my site.
Happy trouble free printing
The INK Store (UK & Europe)
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
SOURCE: Epson Stylus D88 Plus paper jam
1. Unplug the power and USB cables from the printer. I pried open my
C42UX printer, careful not to break anything. I use a flat blade
screwdriver to pry it apart; there are two-three tabs at the back and
two at the front. Gently push them in, and then using a bit of force
pry apart the cover.
2. Next I removed the two (2) waste ink pads. They are located at the back on the left hand side. I used the flat blade screwdriver to lift up the ink pads (they were soaked). Please use rubber gloves as it gets very messy.
3. Next I took the pads to the kitchen skin and washed them with just plain hot water until they were white again. I just let the hot water run on them (the pads are about three inches long).
4. Once washed I dried them using a hair drier. (you could place it the sun for a few hours or on top of your heater or maybe in a heated oven; (make sure you do not set it on fire with too much heat).
5. Once dried I placed the pads back in the ink waste bin at the back of the printer.
6. I closed the printer cover and put back all the pieces and plugged in the USB & power cable and turned it on. (Yes the lights are still flashing).
7. Go to this link and download this software: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html
8. Install the software and run it.
9. Select your printer and model number ( It only says C42 there is no UX, choose it anyway).It will ask if you replaced with new pads; say “YES”. Then close the window.
10. Now right click on the SSC service utility, it looks like a printer icon near your clock in the task bar.
11. Then click on reset counters. You can do all other stuff with this utility too.
12. Turn off the printer power and then turn it on again. If necessary un-plug the power cord from the back of the printer, wait 20 seconds. Plug it back in.
13. THERE YOU GO! IT WORKS AGAIN.
14. By the way I use generic ink and I fill my own cartridges. I use ink from www.atlanticinkjet.com. Great stuff.
try this and let me know it worked or not ...
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
SOURCE: epson c90 paper feed problem
Is the message general error? The problem is tchip. When turn on chip is recognized by printer, but when start to print, printer "read" some information from the chip. Here is the error. Some pin at the chip for redaing the existence of chip, other pin for reading the information. Check connector between chip and carriage.
Posted on May 30, 2009
Do a printer check by copying on standalone. means placing a document
inside the scanner. Load 10 sheets of regular paper into the feeder
then press the start button to begin copying. Try 2 copies. If it gives
you the same error, then there is already an issue with the gear inside
If your unit is not under warranty anymore, log on to support.epson.com. Click on help me find a service center to the right of the page. You will have to put in your zip code to find an epson certified servicer near to your area.
If your unit is not a year old yet, please call epson technical support.
If it copied successfully, it could be just the paper settings, or the type of paper that you are using is not supported or you might have to uninstall and re-install drivers.
Try the above steps and reply me. Thank you Sir, Have a nice day.
Posted on Sep 20, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks for replying so quickly.It still has not printed or sucked any paper in.I'm sure it must be the gears inside.Maybe just worn out?"
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 13, 2013 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 19, 2011 | Epson Stylus CX8400 Series
Jun 02, 2010 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Sep 04, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX9400Fax InkJet Photo...
Jun 14, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo RX620 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 06, 2009 | Epson Stylus RX500 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 22, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R260 InkJet Printer
685 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!