You may activate the Singular connection by following the below steps:
NOTE: A SIM card
must be inserted to perform the unlocking procedure. The Sony provided
Cingular SIM card, if activated, will still function after the Sony
Ericsson EDGE Module is unlocked.
1) Click the Start button, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to Communications, then click Hyper Terminal.
2) In the Connection Description window, under Name, type EDGE.
3) Click the OK button.
4) In the Connect To window, next to Connect using, click the down arrow and click to select COM4.
NOTE: If COM4 (or
the port that the Sony Ericsson EDGE Module uses) is not available in
the list, ensure the Sony Ericsson EDGE Module is installed properly
and turned on in the Smart Wi utility.
5) Click the OK button.
6) In the COM4 Properties window, ensure all the following settings are configured properly:
Bits per second = 2400
Data bits = 8
Parity = None
Stop bits = 1
7) Click the OK button.
8) In the Hyper Terminal window, type AT.
IMPORTANT: Use capital letters for all entries.
9) Press the ENTER key.
NOTE: Ensure OK is displayed on the next line after AT.
10) Type: AT+CLCK=PN,0,xxxxxxxx
NOTE: Replace xxxxxxxx with the unlocking key provided by the Sony representative.
11) Press the ENTER key.
IMPORTANT: If OK is displayed, the unlock was successful and the procedure completed.
a) If a +CME ERROR 3 error is displayed, reset the EDGE Module.
b) If a +CME ERROR 40 error is displayed, remove the SIM card
provided by your third-party carrier and use the Cingular SIM provided with the notebook.
c) Consult the full list of +CME errors
for more information on other errors that may occur.
Please perform the above steps to activate the Cingular Connection.
Hope this helps.
Please feel free to contact for further information and assistance.