Question about NetGear WG111 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter
Hi, This issue is related to the security encyption being used on your wireless router. Please enable WEP on your wireless router and then perform the steps below to connect to wireless network:
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage.
2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications.
3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration.
4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply
5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window.
6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab .
9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab.
4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove. Click OK.
5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'.
6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point.
4. Highlight thee SSID from the list that you want to connect to.
5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button.
6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 22, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2010 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
on Mar 24, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 31, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
Apr 26, 2010 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Apr 11, 2010 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Apr 09, 2010 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Mar 17, 2010 | NetGear WG111 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter
Jun 11, 2009 | NetGear WG111 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter
Jan 10, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
Oct 20, 2008 | NetGear WG111 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter
284 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!