Hi, every function on my microwave seems to work alright, but the microwave wont heat anything. I replaced the diode. The magnetron passes the continuity test, however, it makes a rattle sound when the microwave starts to run, and the microwave still wont heat. What could be the problem? Is it possible for the magnetron to still pass the continuity test, but not be able to produce the necessary heat? Could it be the capacitor and how would I check it to verify without having to take it out and replace it. By the way, I found one fuse, and it too passed the continuity test. Are there any more fuses?It's a whirlpool model- MH1150XMB-0, Serial #TR R 23 42972, CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?????
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Look for a blown fuse in the high voltage area for the magnetron. Usual problem is a shorted HV diode. It could also be a shorted 'stirrer' bearing (a metal fan-like device mounted near the top or side where the microwaves exit the metal wave guide into the cavity). The bearing is plastic and you can't see the arc path because it is inside the bearing--replace the stirrer. Fairly simple fix, but time consuming.
It doesnt matter how old a system was. components can be failed at any point in time. unplug the unit. carefully disassembly and visually check the diode near magnetron and capacitor, it might be broken.If seems good, check the thermostat continuity,if beeping. changage your magnetron. be careful capacitor store charges that deadly. discharge the capacitor first.
when you change mag. change the diode too.