- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go into control panel>uninstall a program and then select the application from the list. Look for a repair button towards the top of the screen. If that doesn't fix the problem you can try updating the program, and if that still doesn't fix your problem, you will have to re-install the program. If you upgraded from a previous version of Windows to Windows 7, it could be a compatibility issue.
1. Click on your Start button
2. Click on Control Palnel
3. Go to Software (if you have XP) or Installed Programs (Vista)
4. Uninstall every reference you find that has Orbicam or CrystalEye in the title.
5. Go to the Acer homepage and download the latest drivers for your notebook webcam.
6. Install the driver, reboot, install the application, reboot.
I know a lot of people are having problems with the acer cam
if you updated msn try going back to your old version
or if you have'nt updated it you can try that.
The only other thing is to uninstall cam and reinstall
I've had to that so many times on my acer crystal eye cam