Model 795.77543600: light bulb housing is extremely hot to the touch, but the lights are not on. The lights go out and then come back on a few days later. There are many similar posts reporting that the housing actally melts. Call Sears for a fix and reference service flash SF 46-515 and hopefully they can fix the issue. I also see posts that this refrigerator lost its engery star rating because of fraud by the manufaturer (not sure) but the service flash for this is SF 46-520. Good luck to all and DONT BUY SEARS PRODUCTS!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It's an energy-saving feature. This is one of the ways the DW gets a good Energy Star rating. Having a light come on and stay on would use electricity. Depending on the model, it will tell you when it is working (red light, projected graphic, etc.), and when it no longer says it is working, then it's done. No light necessary.
Hi, Nelson if you have a dash or instrument light that is out and you have confirmed that the bulb is good then you need to do some quick diagnostics all you need is a test light and a wiring diagram usually found in the back of your service or owners manual.
1. Make sure your battery is fully charged with "CLEAN" and "TIGHT" connections and the instrument light fuse is not blown.
2. Inspect the bulb socket for corrosion and clean as necessary, a spray can of electrical contact cleaner and compressed air works the best.
3. Confirm your test light is working properly by connecting one end to the battery negative post and touching battery positive post with the sharp probe, the test light should illuminate.
4. With the ignition turned on to confirm you have power to the bulb socket by connecting your test light to battery negative or ground and probe the center contact, the test light should illuminate if not you need to check the integrity of the switch or sending unit the light represents, if that is ok then you have a short in the wiring between the component and the light bulb, if all is ok proceed to the next step.
5. Confirm you have a good ground to the light bulb socket by connecting the test light to battery positive and probe any metal part of the socket housing, the test light should illuminate, if not you need to find the short and repair as necessary.
6. Inspect the integrity of the spring loaded positive contact insulation tab by pushing against it with your test light to see if it goes down and springs back fully to it's operating position again contact cleaner and compressed air works best to restore proper function.
7. If your bike has a lot of mileage the vibration can cause bulbs to become loose in the socket by wearing down the soldered contact thus loosing spring pressure from the tab and eventually stop making contact this can be fixed by replacing the bulb or putting a drop of solder on the worn out end to ensure contact.
8. If all of your dash lights are out but are good then you most likely have a faulty connection to the dash wiring harness, inspect the connector for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day. Yamaha Star Dragstar XVS 1100 dashboard backup fuse review http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/49-v-star/50018-brake-lights-not-working.html Yamaha star 1100 Owner Manual OEM parts for Yamaha Yamaha XVS1100 Service Manual
In any circuit, when the switch completes the circuit power will be dissipated in the form of work or heat. Work is the energy used to perform a function, such as turning a motor. Heat is energy lost due to circuit resistance, and the power used to create it.
Think of an incandescent light bulb. When the switch is turned on, the bulb uses energy to create light by passing current through a high resistance wire, heating it up. Here some of the energy produced is lost as heat from the light bulb itself.
Cars today use high intensity headlamp modules that generate extreme amounts of light....as well as extreme amounts of heat. Because of this, whenever you replace a bulb module it is important that you should NEVER touch the glass portion of the bulb with your fingers - or anything else for that matter. If you do, the glass will heat unevenly and explode as soon as the bulb reaches temperature, which only takes a few seconds. It is difficult to do, but it is doable. You can use a clean, dry paper towel to hold the bulb if necessary, but the best way is to just hold it by the base as you install it. Also, ensure that there is no moisture inside the headlamp housing. Any water touching the hot bulb will cause instant failure.
The light from a light bulb is caused by the metal filament being white hot, over 1000 degrees Centigrade, so touching hot isn't too much in those circumstances! However there may be a ventilation problem in the bulb area but our machines are just the same in the bulb area. A bulb that has gone black has had an air leak into the glass envelope and this it may well be a just poor quality bulb.
Are you getting the correct bulb? Some shops will supply one for a normal light which has a weaker construction and is not suited to vibration and working in an enclosed area. If you (or the shop) use a bulb with a higher wattage than specified with the good intention of supplying a better light it could also be supplying more heat....
A genuine Janome bulb - if you can get one - may cost more but should last a lot longer. I don't want to say your sewing supply shop is not providing the right bulb but ....
The other possibility is that you have just had a run of bad luck to counteract someone else's good luck of not having a bulb blow. Sorry (but thanks!).
Finally, try to avoid touching the bulb with your bare hands when you fit the new one. All peoples, everybody's, hands have a natural layer of oils on the surface that can cause hot spots on a bulb surface and make it blow. If you have any acetone type thinners (nail varnish remover) give the bulb a wipe over with that before fitting to make sure it is thoroughly clean and use a piece of new clean cloth to hold it when you are fitting the bulb.
LG had a problem with the control board going bad allowing the interior lights to stay on even when doors are closed. you need to get in touch with LG concerning repair MY UNDERSTANDING is there is a safety recall and it will be repaired for free. in the mean time unsrew the light bulbs so they dont melt down your liner...
first thing to check for is if there water in light housing alot times the seals will go bad and allow water to collect in light soon as water hits the hot bulb it blows bulb if this is case u have two options cheap way is to drill a small hole in lower corner of light so water drains option 2 is to replace light housing
if there no water in light housing make sure when u install bulb you don't touch the clear part of the bulb at ALL the oil from your hands will cause the bulb to blow u do accidentally touch bulb clean with rubbing alcohol
The EJ500C is designed only
for standard incandescent lights, not chandelier bulbs, CFLs, etc.
Replace it with the ST01C, and you'll be fine. Intermatic may even
exchange it for you if you if you complain to them.
WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OFF THE PLATES ARE HOT . so the light must be off to add your mix . then time ...... most waffles are done in 2 to 3 mins and your done remove waffle but dont add more batter untill the light is off if this answer helped please rate it 3 or 4 stars , this high rateing will help keep me in the paid answer department thank you