- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the problem is with an AT&T cellphone you will need to call them or go log in online to change that feature, however if it is with a Uniden Cordless Phone (the product this question is linked to) the directions below found in their manual should help:
Uniden Cordless Phone
From the base
1) Press [clock/menu] three times. The base displays the current number of rings (2, 4, 6, or TS for toll saver) and announces the setting.
2) Press [>>/select] or [<</select] until the desired ring time appears.
3) Press [set]. A confirmation tone sounds, and the answering machine announces the new ring time.
From the handset
1) Press the MENU soft key. Select the ANSW. SETUP menu, and then the RING TIME submenu.
2) Move the cursor to select a Ring Time (2 TIMES, 4 TIMES, 6 TIMES or TOLL SAVER).
3) Press the OK soft key. You will hear a confirmation tone.
Go into the menu. Then hit '8' (calendar, alrms, etc I think?). Press '1' (voice commands). You will then get a drop list to check or uncheck regarding 'deactivate', 'announce', 'announce +ring'. Select deactivate-- now your phone will ring normal! Son had same prob on his phone-- apparently he'd hit 'announce' at some point....
1) With the phone in standby mode, press the menu/clock key three times. You hear “Ring time” and the current ring time ([2 ], [ 4], [6 ], [T ] Toll saver), and it is displayed on the main base. Then you hear the guidance for setting the ring time.
2) Press the volume/select/ or up or down arrow key until the desired ring time appears.
3) Press the set key to select the new ring time. You hear a confirmation tone, then the announcement “Ring time” followed by the new ring time. After a few seconds, the system announces “To set record time, press menu again.”
Need the manual for your phone? You can download/print it here:
You can choose whether to hear the announcement when your system answers a call, or have it silent (off) on your end (your caller will still hear an announcement). 1 Press and hold "Setup". After the Ring Select setting is announced, continue to press and release "Setup" until the system announces “Monitor is on (or off)”. 2 Press and release "ANNC/SKIP"or "Memo/Repeat" until the system announces your selection. 3 Press and release "Play/Stop" or "Setup" to exit.
The ringer has to be on first. Usually the unit announces the caller’s name after the 2nd ring. If you turn on the answering system and set the ring count to “2” the unit does not announce the caller’s name. Set it for more than 2 rings for name announcement.