Question about KitchenAid Superba KFRS365TSS Stainless Steel Propane Grill
How to I replace it ?
Do i need to open the cover ? or I can just twist the bulb to open it ( I tried it but could not open)
I found this on another board...
It's not THAT difficult to get to, and you only need a Phillips screwdriver (and a helper.) You'll have to pull the oven unit out of the wall:
Shut off the power first - make sure you get both ovens!
1. Open the lower oven door.
2. Remove the two screws holding the side trim in place, down low.
3. Pull the side trim pieces off to expose the screws holding the oven in the cabinet. Remove those.
At this point you're going to want some help, or get creative. You need to pull the oven unit out from the cabinet, and it's heavy. I rolled an automotive floor jack under mine with a piece of plywood, slid the oven out most of the way, then lifted the jack until it took most of the weight. I then pulled the oven out until just the back edge was resting on the cabinet edge.
4. Take a minute to study the top of the microwave and start locating the screws holding the top sheet metal panels down. You may also want to loosen the conduit clip and some other things to make it a little easier.
5. Remove the screws at the sides of the control panel.
6. Remove the screws holding down the top cover.
7. Remove the top cover, and the control panel (unplug all of the wiring harnesses.)
8. Remove the horizontal screws around the sides near the top that are holding down the next layer of metal. There are two in the back, you'll have to get behind the oven. I rotated mine in place just enough.
9. Remove the two vertical screws at the front corners.
10. At this point you should be able to lift up the panels in the front just enough to get to the light bulb.
It's a 5W 12v G-4 base halogen bulb. Squeeze and release the spring clip holding in the bulb socket, then pull the bulb.
Then, as they say, installation is in the reverse order of removal. Hope that helps.
Posted on Aug 06, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2014 | KitchenAid KERC607 Electric Kitchen Range
Jan 15, 2012 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS...
Dec 18, 2010 | KitchenAid KBMC140HSS Convection/Microwave...
Dec 12, 2009 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Aug 04, 2009 | KitchenAid KBMC140HSS Convection/Microwave...
Jul 14, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 01, 2009 | KitchenAid Microwave Ovens
Sep 10, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
2,259 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: