Question about Vizio Televison & Video
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If the set does not turn on:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buyand try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in thisphoto.
Posted on Jun 03, 2012
I have a M420VT Vizio TV. I used (4) M6-1.0 x 16mm screws to attach the stand to the TV stand adapter. The screws I used to attach the adapter to the TV were (3) M4-0.7x12mm. It worked out perfectly!
Posted on Jul 27, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2016 | Vizio Televison & Video
Mar 24, 2015 | Vizio Power Supply Input Main Board Unit...
Nov 29, 2014 | Televison & Video
Oct 10, 2014 | Vizio XRT010 Remote for E320-A0 E241-A1...
Sep 28, 2014 | Vizio L32 32 in. LCD HDTV
Mar 15, 2014 | Vizio Televison & Video
Jul 12, 2012 | Vizio Televison & Video
Aug 26, 2011 | Vizio E370VL 37 in. LCD HDTV
Jun 20, 2018 | Vizio Televison & Video
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!