Lock symbol on display Siemens siwamat xli 3640. Unable to select a wash programme.
Siemens siwamat xli 3640 - when I turn the selector, I only see a flashing key symbol and 700 rpm spin speed, unable to select another programme. Any advice please? I only have a Spanish instruction manual. Machine is ten years old.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can choose the right programme for any type of laundry following the descriptions on the washing programme tables (see «Washing Programmes»).
Turn the programme selector dial to the required programme. The programme selector determines the type of washing cycle (e.g. water level, drum movement, number of rinses) and the washing temperature according to the type of laundry.
The pilot light of button 8 starts blinking.
The selector dial can be turned either clockwise or anticlockwise. Position "0" to Reset programme/ Switching OFF of the machine. At the end of the programme the selector dial must be turned to position "0", to switch the machine off.
If you turn the programme selector dial to another programme when the machine is working, the yellow pilot light of button 8 will blink 3 times and the message Err is displayed on the display to indicate a wrong selection. The machine will not perform the new selected programme.
Turn the programme selector dial to the required programme.
The selector dial can be turned either clockwise
or counter-clockwise. The green pilot light of the button
9 starts flashing: the appliance is now switched on.
If you turn the programme selector dial to another programme
when the appliance is working, the red pilot light
of the button 9 will flash 3 times and the message Err is displayed to indicate a wrong selection.
The appliance will not perform the new selected programme.
• To switch the appliance off, turn the programme selector
dial to the position .
• To cancel or change a running programme, switch the
appliance off by turning the programme selector dial to the
position . Select the new programme by turning the selector
to the desired programme. Start the new programme
by pressing the button 9 again. The water in the tub will be
not emptied out.
As far as the "signal" activation or de-activation goes, it should be performed before starting a load of laundry and it is as follow's...
1) Turn the program selector to any program as you would doing laundry. Add your items...
2) When you close the door the "start/pause" light flashes...
3) Press the "menu" button until the signal indicator is displayed and flashes ( a small speaker symbol ) as does the start/pause light. If no buttons are pressed within 10 seconds, the current setting will be saved.
4) Press the "select" button until the desired volume or "off" is reached/displayed.
5) Press the "start/pause" button so the program starts and the setting is saved after the cycle has completed.
As for the "key" symbol, your washer has a "child lock" program and the symbol indicates it has been activated.
Here`s how to deactivate it...
1) Press the "menu" button until you see "CHILD LOCK :ON" appear in the display. ( if nothing is pressed within 10 sec.following this the menu will close and it will default to program in the display )
2) Once you see what I just mentioned in the display press the "select" button until "CHILD LOCK :OFF" appears in the display.
3) Finally by pressing the "start/pause" button the key symbol should disappear confirming you have successfully exited the child lock program.
Let me know if this was helpful to you or not, if so please take a second and rate it accordingly.
Thank you for visiting "fixya" for your washer solution inquiry.