I purchased a new HP Officejet 5740 printer. It worked fine for a while but now will not print at all. What do I need to do.
I'm guessing you don't think it's a hardware fault? (The machine physically broken; as that would warrant a refund, repair, bin)
So if there's nothing wrong with the printer physically, then it's probably a 'driver' (I have no idea of your IT knowledge). HP are very sneaky, in that they make you install all kinds of software you really don't need, and they make it very difficult to uninstall it sometimes.
Firstly check all your cables/wireless settings. Try plugging the printer into a different USB socket. Try printer.
Download the latest drivers for your printer from the HP site.
Uninstall every HP application that relates to your printer.
Then preform the following;
Step one: Clear temp directory
1. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field
2. Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).
Uninstall the software using the scrubber program:
1. Download the full feature software and drivers
2. Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.
3. When the installation window opens press the cancel button to stop the installation
4. Type %temp% in the run field
5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy
7. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.
8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop
9. Open folder Util
10. Open folder CCC
11. Run the L4uninstall.exe
12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
Once restarted use the same installation file to reinstall the software and drivers. Restart again, and hopefully you haven't wasted your time
Oct 26, 2015 |
HP Officejet 5740 e AiO Printer