Question about Panasonic KX-TGA470S Cordless Phones
I have replaced all phones with regular new batteries and no problems with them.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Panasonic Phone KX-TG2432
I have the same probloem with a KX-TG 5672. I am going to call 1 800 2111 7262 on Monday and ask for technical support. If you get a solution, pls notify me.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
SOURCE: I have a Panasonic KX-TG6051CM
I had the same problem, and it seems that the battery charging circuit in the handset had locked up, constantly charging the battery until it overheated. I was able to reset the circuit in my handset by completely draining the battery. Here is the procedure:
1. Remove the handset from the charging cradle, and leave it on for a few days until the battery runs out, and the handset finally turns off. At his point, the battery will be very low, BUT NOT COMPLETELY DRAINED.
2. Next, you must manually drain the charge remaining in the battery by shorting out the two contacts on it. Shorting won't damage the battery, since it is holding very little charge at this point. An easy way to physically do this is to remove the battery, and place a piece of thin wire across the the two contacts of the HANDSET. I am referring to the contacts inside the handset that connect to the battery, NOT the contacts on the bottom outside that connect the handset to the charging cradle. Next, put the battery back in, sandwiching the wire between the battery's contacts and those inside the handset. This will hold the wire in place. DO NOT PUT THE HANDSET BACK INTO THE CHARGER, WITH THE BATTERY SHORTED OUT.
3. Wait about 30 minutes for the battery to completely die. Remove the jumper wire, and but the handset back into the charger.
4. If the battery was fully discharged , you will get a message on the handset telling you that you should let it will charge for 7 hours. If you do not get this message, then either the battery was not fully discharged, or your problem is different from mine. Try the procedure again in Step 3 for another 30 minutes to discharge the battery some more.
5. If you get the "Wait for 7 hours to charge" message on the handset, then leave it in the charging cradle for the 7 hours requested. After that, it should work fine.
Let me know how you make out.
Posted on Aug 11, 2008
SOURCE: Digital panasonic kx-t7633
The 7633 has a FWD/DND button. Is it blinking, lit solid or dark? It's designed to be pressed 3 times for FWD DND or OFF....It's programmed as follows, assuming that 500 is your voice mail access code:
From the intercom dial *7101. That sets DND. Dial 710x 500 # to set call forwarding where x-2 for all calls 3 for BUSY for for NO ANS 5 for BSY/NA. 7&8 are FOLOW ME commands and they have a different set of instructions ie Dial *7107 plus your extension to have calls come to the phone you're at and *7108 plus your extension to cancel it. I have never seen it used. *7100 cancels all forward and DND arrangements from your phone..
This is just hte command set for ALL CALLS. You can also set up forwarding for Outside Calls and Inside calls seperately and you can program buttons to do the forwarding.
Your Panasonic dealer has 2 manuals that you would find interesting, one is the TDA Operating Manual and the PTPM Manual. The operating manual has a complete set of programming instructions for the manager and users of TDA systems, the PTPM has a complete set of programming features that can be performed from a Panasonic 76XX display phone.
THe pdf's aren't huge and they can be sent to your email address if you provide one under the Ask Me button.
Posted on Oct 01, 2008
A friend that worked for GTE advised me some yrs ago to do this and I have NOT had a problem with another battery since
when you get any new Battery charge it plugged in to the ac AND phone jack for a minimum of 24 hrs without using it.
all batteries have some memory and deminish power over time but if it was NOT fully charged to begin with as a yr goes by so does the battery life. hope this works,
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 08, 2017 | Panasonic Lands Phones
Jun 08, 2017 | Lands Phones
Mar 23, 2017 | Panasonic Lands Phones
Dec 17, 2015 | Lands Phones
May 18, 2015 | Panasonic KXTGA470S KX-TGA470S KX TGA470S...
Dec 01, 2014 | Panasonic KXTGA470S KX-TGA470S KX TGA470S...
Aug 23, 2014 | Lands Phones
Aug 28, 2013 | Panasonic KXTGA470S KX-TGA470S KX TGA470S...
Jan 24, 2009 | Panasonic KX-TG2431 Cordless Phone
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: