Question about Panasonic Televison & Video
Grainy pictures on pre-recorded tapes played on your VCR is a symptom of either
1) Dirt and static build up on the playback head inside the VCR. (see below)
2) A fault within the playback head itself. (will require service replacement)
3) Tracking control improperly set - (This can be adjusted either via the menu options on your VCR or using left and right tracking buttons on the front of the VCR)
4) An improperly aligned playback head (will require service adjustment)
4) An improperly tuned TV - retune TV to video output channel (if your VCR is connected via SCART this does not apply)
As you have already used a head cleaning tape with out any success the only other option to remove stubborn build up is to open the VCR and clean the head directly with an alcohol cleaning solution and a soft chamois tipped stick. This will often resolve the issue but you need to be careful during this process.
A very good How To Clean Your VCR Heads can be viewed at this link http://hometheater.about.com/cs/vcrs/ht/vcrheadcleaing.htm
As always when opening any electrical appliance - ensure it is disconnected from the mains supply to avoid risk of electric shock.
If you find this problem occurs only with pre-recorded tapes and the VCR plays back its own recordings well - this is a strong indicator that the head is misaligned as per point (4) in my answer.
Hope this helps. Please remember to rate my answer. Many Thanks.
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 13, 2010 | Canon VIXIA HV30 DV Camcorder
Nov 12, 2010 | JVC GR-DX77E Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Nov 11, 2010 | Sony DCR-HC30E MiniDV Camcorder
Feb 02, 2010 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC20 Mini DV Digital...
Jul 06, 2009 | Hitachi Televison & Video
Mar 28, 2009 | Sony Handycam CCD-TR517 Camcorder
May 04, 2008 | Sony SLV-D350P DVD Player/VCR
Mar 29, 2008 | Photography
Feb 22, 2008 | Televison & Video
Dec 13, 2017 | Panasonic Televison & Video
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: