Question about Vacuums
Button seems ok, water comes out of tank ok, hand held works
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If it seems like the tank does not fit in securely, the round gasket that goes around the valve at the bottom of the tank may have come off and actually be in the hole in the bottom of the vacuum base. It looks like it belongs there but you can pull it out with some needle nosed pliers. After you remove it, put it around the valve on the bottom of the tank, then it will fit into the hole again and everything should seal correctly. Mine was not spraying and would not suction well. figured this out and now it works great again.
Posted on Sep 05, 2007
HI, I have a very similar Bissell. My problem was that after unscrewing the top plate and looking at the pipes the pipes feeding the front sprays were full of gunge blocking the sprayheads. I managed to flush it through by carefully removing the T connector that feeds the front 2 pipes, placing it back so it stuck out of one of the holes and replacing the water tank and turning on while holding it over a bucket. Black and white bits came out but it did flush through. I am thinking of doing a youtube video - let me know if this will help you!
Posted on Nov 05, 2008
Here is a tip that will give you all the information you need to fix your BissellProheat Vacuum Problem.
Bissell Proheat Upright Wet/Dry Vacuum Problems
Posted on Sep 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 13, 2013 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Feb 03, 2013 | Vacuums
Sep 05, 2011 | Bissell Vacuums
Jan 16, 2011 | Bissell Carpet Cleaner Powerbrush Deep...
- Check to see if the machine will spray through the hose with the setting on tools. If it does, the pump is fine. Continue troubleshooting.
- Check for debris on spray tips. Clean them with a soft brush (on old tooth brush works well). The spray tips may be lifted out for easier access.
- Ensure the tank lid is properly attached to the bottom of the tank. To attach this properly, remove the Water Tank from the machine. Hook the front window onto the lip of the bottom container and then allow the window with lid to cover the complete tank. Secure the latch on the back of the bottom tank to the back of the tank lid. THE TANK LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE BOTTOM TANK IS ALREADY INSTALLED IN THE MACHINE.
- Check the bottom of the Water Tank and the Formula Tank to make sure each has a red auto-load gasket attached. Make sure the Water Tank and the Formula Tank are seated properly. Depress the x on this gasket to ensure this depresses and release back out. Liquid from the tank should dispense.
- Remove the handle completely and re-attach. Once the handle is re-attached, re-attempt to spray.
If the machine continues to not spray, check the following:
REMOVE THE COLLECTION TANK:
• Make sure the unit is set to water rinse
• Remove the smart mix bottle and fill it with water only
• Place the smart mix bottle into the collection tank reservoir
• Run the unit and try to spray. If the machine sprays, you will be able to see the water level decreasing in the smart mix bottle and you will need to replace the bottom tank. It is possibly warped.
Nov 22, 2010 | Bissell 9200 Upright Vacuum
Sep 24, 2010 | Bissell 1950-3 Quicksteamer Plus Vacuum
Apr 25, 2010 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
Sep 28, 2009 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Apr 06, 2008 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
Jul 22, 2018 | Rainbow Vacuums
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: