Question about Microwave Ovens
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Just take a screwdriver and short across the terminals 3 to 4 times. The first time might scare you but just hold the screwdriver well back from the steel shank and ground the 2 terminals repeatedly. Then change your fuse.
Posted on Jan 17, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks...Looks like I have to short the terminals to one another and then each one to ground....appreciate the help. "
Time will allow the natural leakage of any capacitor to bleed off stored charge but if you want to be sure, you need to have a simple multimeter to check its condition and it should be one with a 1000V DC range. You can buy these for under $20 US at auto parts stores or electronic outlets. There are safe ways to discharge them but you would need some clip leads and a medium power resistor of ~ 1,000 ohms to avoid arcing. Shorting the terminals with a screwdriver is hard on the tool and your nerves and may even kill a capacitor.
Posted on Feb 13, 2010
You can find
helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full
model number here.
This model is inverter-based, so it does not use the larger, exposed capacitor that transformer-based models do. It uses one or more small capacitors hidden on the inverter board.
As long as the high voltage section was not energized within about a half-hour of disassembly, and one does not contact the high voltage connections, there's really no need to discharge high voltage capacitors.
They have built-in bleeder resistors that bleed off the charge in seconds. But there is that one in a zillion chance the resistor inside is defective, etc.
The shock from stored DC high voltage isn't what hurts you. What hurts is getting sliced up by the sharp metal chassis when you reflexively pull back your hand after the shock.
I'm also curious as to what problem you're troubleshooting.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Dec 18, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 16, 2014 | GE Microwave Ovens
on Dec 02, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Oct 11, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 15, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Dec 13, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
May 09, 2010 | GE JVM1660 Microwave Oven
Jan 17, 2010 | General Electric Microwave Oven
Apr 27, 2009 | General Electric Microwave Oven
Apr 07, 2009 | Panasonic NN-S753 Microwave Oven
Nov 20, 2008 | GE JVM2050 Microwave Oven
Mar 18, 2018 | Microwave Ovens
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!