Question about Samsung Televison & Video
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: changing to multi region dvd
There are a couple sites I found that offer the codes for that player and the BD-P1000. I am not sure if I am allowed to post the links for those sites but the link to the site zimcloud posted is one of the places I saw it listed. You can google the model and region code and a list of sites come up.
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
There are no hacks for this it is a solid hardware insertion. You have to open the unit and solder in a device.
here is the website to obtain the details
Please rate my help++++Thanks for using FIXYA
Posted on Feb 28, 2010
There is no current procedure for unlocking the
Blue-ray and it is probably not necessary because over 80% of released
disks are region free anyway. (Just don't ever buy the other 20% and
they will get the message soon enough!)
To change the DVD from region 2 (your current location) to region 9 (region free) follow these steps using the remote control.
1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player off and then back on. This is necessary to clean-boot the firmware.
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing anything.
4. Press the eject button to open the tray. (The button is between the "Power" and "TV Power" buttons at the top of the controller.)
5. Press the eject button to close the tray.
6. Wait while the player searches for a disk.
7. As soon as the "No Disk" message appears at the top left corner do the following.
8. Press the REPEAT button - just above the TV channel selector at the bottom right of the controller.
9. Enter 7 6 8 8 4 on the number pad.
10. The region code "4" should appear at the top left corner of the screen.
11. Enter a "9" to make the player region free. (Enter a region code if you want to lock the player to another region for some obscure or perverse reason.)
12. Power down and power up again.
13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change.
Now the tricky bits. This process is timing dependent.
Firstly, you must start entering the code just after the "No Disk" message is shown and before the message disappears. If you jump the gun or miss the boat (isn't English great!) it won't work.
Secondly, the REPEAT key is part of the code. All six keys must be entered smoothly as "REPEAT 7 6 8 8 4". The entry gets timed out so you can't stop in the middle and restart. Don't bash away like crazy, just do it smoothly and briskly.
If you don't see the "4" the first time, don't worry. Just repeat the process. It took me about a dozen tries before I got it to work.
I can't guarantee that this player does not have a region change counter so I would be a bit careful about changing regions back and forth. I also can't guarantee that this will work with all released firmware. Samsung seems to take this crazy region bastardry very seriously for some reason.
For people from other parts of the world, all region codes are as follows
1 - 2 9 3 3 4
2 - 5 7 5 3 8
3 - 5 6 7 3 2
4 - 7 6 8 8 4
5 - 5 3 8 1 4
6 - 2 4 4 6 2
If you bought your player in the USA or Canada there might be no way to change the region in these countries as the only Samsung BluRay players we've ever heard about being able to be unlocked (and ONLY for DVD region free playback) were sold in places like Australia and maybe Europe.
Hope this was helpful to you. Goosluck danteks Elect_comp
Posted on Aug 10, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2016 | Samsung Bd-F5500 3D Network Blu-Ray And...
May 21, 2015 | Samsung BD-H6500 3D Blu-ray player w.WiFi...
Aug 05, 2014 | Samsung BD-5500 BLU RAY DVD PLAYER
Mar 18, 2013 | Samsung BD-E8300 3D Smart Blu-ray Disc...
Dec 23, 2012 | Televison & Video
Nov 24, 2010 | Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray Player
Jun 27, 2008 | Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray Player
Feb 29, 2008 | Samsung BD-P1200 Blu-Ray Disc Player
Mar 21, 2018 | Samsung Televison & Video
1,595 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!