Question about Televison & Video
It sounds that your remote control need to be cleaned. Check the remote control for its infrared emission. Check it with fresh batteries. Check it by pressing all the keys. You can detect the presence of infra-red emission from the remote control, using a cell-phone camera. If you wish to get more details about how to check a remote control, please visit this site. One among the posts has details about it. In some cases, the remote control might need to clean.
Search the site by type in this key phrase "how to test a remote control "in the "search box at the top right of the display window of the Homepage" to get the related post quickly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsSCNCW3IbQ [open and clean]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp-l1uh-5gE [open and clean]
Posted on Jan 01, 2017
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 26, 2015 | Sharp LC-32SB24U 32 in. LCD TV
Feb 19, 2014 | Dell W4201C 42 in. Plasma HDTV
Hi- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. The SL-TiVo remote can be programmed to control the TV and one other A/V device using these steps:
1) From TiVo Central, select Settings & Messages > Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Remote Control.
2) Highlight Part 1: TV power, volume, and mute and press SELECT.
3) The DVR displays a list of television brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your TV brand and then press SELECT.
4) The TV Remote Codes screen appears. Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the TV.
5) If also programming to control volume & mute on an A/V receiver for surround sound; Highlight Part 2: A/V volume and mute and press SELECT.
6) The DVR displays a list of audio/video receiver brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your receiver brand and then press SELECT.
7) The AV Remote Codes screen appears.
Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the receiver.
The TiVo remote will now turn the TV on/off and switch inputs and adjust the volume and mute the audio on the receiver.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
Nov 23, 2012 | Televison & Video
Jan 16, 2010 | One For All URC-3605 Remote Control
Jan 15, 2010 | Philips 20PT6441 20" TV
Dec 16, 2009 | Prima C2012 TV
Aug 25, 2008 | Televison & Video
Apr 15, 2008 | Haier 42EP24S 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma...
Jan 06, 2008 | Haier 42EP24S 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma...
Jan 03, 2008 | Televison & Video
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: