Question about HP Color LaserJet 4550 Printer
Paper runs through when a print job is sent, but nothing appears printed, no cyan, no magenta, no yellow, no black. Same when attempting to print a Configuration page. All 4 toner cartridges appear ok. There is no "error" message on the screen - it reports "ready". I am unfamiliar with toner and fuser cartridge replacement. Someone else in the office may have attempted to change the toner and/or fuser more recently, but cannot get history.
HP 4550 Color Laserjet Printer - Blank or white pages :
01. Your software application is sending an extra page-eject command.
02. Check the software’s printing configuration information. There is a problem with the network configuration.
03. Some sharing devices on networks may generate a blank page as a separator.
04. Check with the network administrator.
05. The printer may be feeding two or more pages at once because the paper is difficult to separate.
06. The sealing tape has been left in the toner cartridge.
07. The toner cartridge is empty or defective.
08. The laser scanner door does not open properly.
09. Remove and reseat the toner cartridge.
10. Check the laser scanner shutter door for proper operation.
11. The toner cartridge guide is damaged,
improperly positioned, or missing.
12. There is no transfer roller voltage.
13. Perform the Half Self-Test Functional Check to check all other electrophotographic processes.
14. Replace the transfer roller if necessary.
15. The high-voltage connectors are mounted on the high-voltage power supply (HVPS) PCA and protrude into the toner cartridge cavity.
16. Check the springs for functionality. Clean if dirty; replace if defective or missing.
The HVPS PCA is defective.
17.The DC controller PCA is defecti There is no drum ground path.
18 Check the drum ground.
19. The laser scanner cable assembly is defective
20 The page length and margins are not set correctly for the paper size. Verify that the ribbon connector at J1307 of the HVPS is
21. If the HVPS has been removed recently, verify that the ribbon connector from the DC controller PCA to the HVPS is properly
seated at both ends..
22. Verify that the photoconductive drum is rotating properly. Perform is the drum diagnostic test to visually observe if the drum is rotating.
23. OR using a felt-tipped marker place an index mark on the edge of the drum outside the image area. Turn on the printer (wait for
drum rotation to occur), and then look to see if the drum has
24. moved. If the drum has not moved, investigate the mechanical
and electrical drum rotation circuitry and movement mechanisms.
25. The imaging drum shutter may not be retracting. Replace the imaging drum.
26. Lst but not the least, please fry to have the Printer int the Setcie
27. Use only HP Authorized Genuine catridges only
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Best way to test this issue is to unplug from the network, power off machine and back on then see if the error comes back. If it does not then try some internal test prints, if they print OK there is a corrupt print job being sent to the printer causing it to have the 49 error code.
I would clear all print queue jobs then upgrade firmware, this should fix it, printing from some websites cause this error, try another brouser if possible, Chrome etc.
Aug 24, 2014 | HEWLETT PACKARD - LASER JETS CE708ABGJ...
Mar 28, 2013 | HP DeskJet 5650 InkJet Printer
Jul 14, 2017 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 30, 2010 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
Nov 17, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 12, 2009 | HP Color LaserJet CP4005dn Network Printer
Jun 18, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4600dn Color Printer
488 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!