Cuisinart DGB-600BC - water inside the carafe shell
First off, do not submerge the carafe in cold water when it is hot. The water will rush past the seals. This solution involves heating the carafe. Be careful to avoid steam burns
1. Place the carafe on a stove top.
2. Slowly heat the carafe. (make sure you are wearing oven mitts -- avoid steam burns)
3. As the carafe heats the water inside steam will escape the area where the seal allowed the water to get in there in the first place. Steam should appear very quickly, If it does not stop the process right away! Pressure can build up and cause the Carafe to explode!
4. Check the carafe from time to time taking care to avoid steam burns.
5. Once the water has been steamed away, remove the carafe from the stove and allow it to cool slowly. DO NOT place the carafe in water or on a very cold surface until it has cooled. The rapid cooling of the left over steam will cause the carafe to collapse on itself if it is placed in cold water while it is still hot from this procedure.
Apr 04, 2009 |
Cuisinart DGB-600BC 10-Cup Coffee Maker