Printer takes ages to process
NV RAM and HD
To initialize NVRAM
1. Remove any installed accessories (for example, a stapler/stacker).
2. Turn the printer off.
3. Hold down the DOWN ARROW ( ) button, and then turn the printer on. Continue holding
down the DOWN ARROW ( ) button until all three printer control-panel lights flash once and
then remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds.
4. Press the UP ARROW ( ) button.
5. Press the PAUSE/RESUME button. The display should show SKIP DISK LOAD.
6. Press the UP ARROW ( ) button until NVRAM INIT is highlighted.
7. Press the SELECT ( ) button. The printer initializes NVRAM and then continues its poweron
CAUTION A hard-disk initialization erases and reformats the printer hard disk. Perform a hard-disk
initialization only if an error code on the control panel indicates an EIO disk error. Always try
initializing the hard disk before replacing it.
NOTE Before performing a hard-disk initialization, print a menu map and a configuration page (see
Menu map and Configuration page). Use the information on the configuration page to reset
any customer-set printer configuration values that the hard-disk initialization procedure
To initialize the hard disk
1. Turn the printer off.
2. Hold down the PAUSE/RESUME button, and then turn the printer on. Continue holding down
the PAUSE/RESUME button until all three printer control-panel lights flash once and then
remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds.
3. Press the BACK ARROW ( ) button. The display should show INITIALIZE DISK.
4. Press the SELECT ( ) button. The printer initializes the hard disk and continues its power
Mar 12, 2008 |
HP LaserJet 2420 Printer