If you are an australian citizen
Go to your local post office to make your new passport you will need 2 Australian current passport holders to sign documents that they have known you for a certain amount of years 10 i think also about 100 points of ID Birth Cert ,Drivers Licence,medicare card ID,current passport, bills ie:electricity gas rates.......2 passport photographs
For current or recently expired passports only
When you need to renew a passport, we will provide a one page form already filled out with your personal details if you are eligible. This pre-completed form streamlines the renewal process.
You will not need to supply any supporting documentation. However, you will need to provide two recent colour photographs of yourself and present your previous passport.
When you lodge your renewal form your old passport will be physically cancelled. Some exceptions apply for renewal overseas.
Not everyone can use the renewal form. In particular, you cannot use it if your passport was lost or stolen (you will need a passport application form instead). So before trying to renew, use the following checklists to make sure you are eligible. You can apply for renewal if:
Note: You will need to retain your expired adult passport for two years after the expiry date if you intend to renew your passport. You cannot apply for renewal if:
- you hold an Australian adult passport issued with at least two years\' validity and
- the passport is current or expired less than two years ago and
- the passport was issued with your current personal details (i.e. name, date of birth, place of birth and sex) and
- you are an Australian citizen aged 18 years or older.
- your passport was lost or stolen or cannot be presented for renewal or
- your passport was issued with less than two years\' validity or
- you have changed your name or sex since your passport was issued or
- your passport has expired for two years or more.
Obtaining a renewal form Online
- follow the prompts at this web site to obtain a pre-completed renewal form and print it from the screen. You can also ask online for a pre-completed form to be mailed to you. The form should be lodged in person at an Australia Post outlet.
If overseas, contact the nearest Australian diplomatic mission or consulate for details on how to lodge the form. Alternatively:
In Australia - call the Australian Passport Information Service on 131 232 to arrange for a pre-completed renewal form to be mailed to you.
Overseas - contact the nearest Australian embassy, high commission or consulate. The passports staff will mail out a pre-completed renewal form or it can be collected from the diplomatic mission or consulate. https://www.passports.gov.au/Web/Forms/Passport/Renew/RenewPassport_0.aspx https://www.passports.gov.au/Web/Requirements/IdentityDocuments.aspx
Hope this helps.