Forgot password for macbook air
Welcome to Fixya Support
Resetting Your Password
You can reset your administrator password and passwords for all other accounts.
To reset your password, using a partner computer and Remote Install Mac OS X:
1 Follow the procedure for using Remote Install Mac OS X
To use Remote Install Mac OS X:
1. Insert the Mac OS X Install Disc 1 into the optical disc drive of the other computer.
2 .If the other computer is a Mac, open /Applications/Utilities/Remote Install Mac OS X.
On Windows, choose "Remote Install Mac OS X" from the Install Assistant.
3. Read the introduction and click Continue.
4 .Choose the install disc you want to use, and click Continue.
5. Choose a network connection: AirPort, if you are using an AirPort network, or Ethernet,
if the other computer is on an Ethernet network and you have an optional Apple USB
Ethernet Adapter connecting your MacBook Air to the same network. Click Continue.
6 .Restart your MacBook Air and hold down the Option key as it starts up, until you see a
list of available startup disks.
8. If you chose AirPort as your network in step 5, on your MacBook Air choose your
AirPort network from the pop-up list.
If the network is secure, you are prompted for a password. You can enter a private
network name by choosing the ellipsis (...) and typing the name.
9. If you chose AirPort as your network in step 5, when you see the AirPort status icon
indicating signal strength, click Continue in Remote Install Mac OS X.
10. Click Continue in Remote Install Mac OS X.
11. On your MacBook Air, choose Utilities > Reset Password from the menu bar and follow
the onscreen instructions. When you finish, quit Mac OS X Installer.
12. On the other computer, click Quit to exit Remote Install Mac OS X.
I think it helps.Let Me know.
Dec 25, 2010 |
Apple MacBook Air