Question about Xerox Phaser 6200DP Laser Printer
Replace the toner cartridge
Posted on Jul 27, 2009
If it does not help to clean the rolls and use a new toner cartridge, then you may use the wrong printer driver. Ensure that you have the latest version installed.
Find the drivers for all operating systems here:
Posted on Jul 24, 2009
I know you said you calibrated the printer. Did you go to the printer menu and print test page, and the print an alignment page. The alignment page will then ask you to input the best aligned images. Other than this, the printer heade may be straying. The guide bar that the head slides on may be bent or twisted. It can get twisted if someone pulls hard on a jammed paper. You may have to get a new guide bar.Please give me a positive vote if I have been at all helpful. Please let me know how it turns out. I am curious to know. Take care and good luck.
Posted on Jul 24, 2009
The Calibrate Margins Menu allows you to adjust the printer's imaging area relative to the edges of the paper. Theimaging area is shown as a dashed rectangle; the printer will not print outside this rectangle.
Step 1. Adjust Side 1 Margins. To move the dashed rectangle to the position you want it on the page:
1. From the printer's front panel Support Menu, scroll to Improve Print Quality? and press OK.
2. Scroll to Calibrate Margins Menu and press OK. Select Print Calibrate Margins Page and press OK to print this page.
3. To move the dashed rectangle you see on the page printed to the position you want, use the front panel menu items Adjust Side 1 "A" Margin and Adjust Side 1 "B" Margin as illustrated below.
4. Reprint this page to verify the adjustment.You can adjust the settings from -40 to +40 units. The thickness of the rectangle's dashed lines is 1 unit. 6 units move the rectangle 1 mm. The maximum distance the rectangle can be moved (-40 to +40) is 6.7 mm.
Step 2. If the printer has the duplex option, adjust Side 2 Margins
1. With Side 1 facing you, hold the print up to a strong light. Note the shadow of the solid lines printed on Side 2.
2. Use the front panel menu items Adjust Side 2 "A" Margin and Adjust Side 2 "B" Margin to move the Side 2 solid lines until they align with the Side 1 rectangle. Reprint to verify your adjustment
ENJOY! RATE THIS SOLUTION
RNJ VINOD KUMAR
Posted on Jul 22, 2009
Some of these units have rollers made of rubber. Depending on how old your printer is, some of those rollers may have developed very smooth surfaces. The end result of that is the rollers no longer grip the paper as solid as they should. You then end up with a skewed paper trail. There are a number of conditioning liquids that are used to "rough" up the rubber rollers to restore their proper grip. If the path in question have rubber rollers, visit your local electronics store and purchase some of the liquid. If this fails to resolve the issue, you may have some issues with the timing of the rollers that move the paper. Depending on your experience you might want to test it or have your local repair center do so. Hopefully this will assist you in resolving your issue.
Posted on Jul 22, 2009
The solution you tried by changing is a very step taken but if that has not helped you then the issue is with the roller unit installed in the system. Try to clean the roller unit. It must either be misaligned or worn out. In the first case it can be readjusted but in the latter case it would be preferable to replace the roller unit.
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 13, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP6700D InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 24, 2011 | Canon Pixma iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer
May 30, 2010 | HP PSC 1210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 08, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Apr 25, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 26, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 6200DP Laser Printer
Jul 02, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Jun 02, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 6200DP Laser Printer
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!