My trio stealth is new. When I power it on, goes to a screen "@9dual core" and doesn't go any further. Help!
There's a hard reset process on the G2 7" that I have used successfully on several stuck units. It may also work, I've learned, on other models of Trio tablets and other Android-based brands / models as well. It did on a Zeki 7" 8GB that I owned. But.... TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Here it is.
(1) PRESS AND HOLD the power button until the tablet shuts off completely.
(NOTE: if any type of start-up screen comes on, FORGET it: the Tablet must be COMPLETELY powered off for this to have any chance of working.)
(2) PRESS AND HOLD the volume-down button, while simultaneously PRESSING AND HOLDING the power button
This will (hopefully) bring up the Android figurine, along with some kind of rotating-wheel graphic.
(3) Do nothing else but WAIT, until the screen changes to a text-based menu, with about 6 to 8, or more choices.
(4) Use the volume-up and volume-down buttons to navigate between choices, and select (highlight) the choice offering to reset the tablet (to Factory Settings).
(5) Click and release the power button to start the reset operation. Follow and additional prompts to ensure you are selecting the correct next step.
This RESET process will erase ALL your installed apps, as well as delete all your saved photos, music and other user files and preferences (including wallpaper, time-zones, Wi-Fi settings etc. But when it works it will give you back a working Trio. Use your reset Triot carefully: generally, I'll say the Trio machines are good economical alternatives to the perhaps more robustly engineered (and much more expensive) big brand items.
Regarding restoring personal preferences, and earlier installed apps I have no experience whatsoever. However there may be sufficient arguments to backup your personal data either on your home computer or on online "cloud based" services. Do the research, ok?
Happy New Year, 2015 ... & ....Good Luck!
Dec 28, 2014 |
Trio 1 - MACHSPEED -STEALTHG210.1 10.1"...