Question about Epson Stylus DX4450 All-In-One InkJet Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Replacing the cartridge:
1. Make sure the printer is on and open the printer cover
2. Make sure the printer is paused and the output tray at the front of the printer is lowered
3. Hold down the cleaning button for three seconds until the print head moves slightly to the cartridge replacement position, and the power light flashes when the print head is in position. Do not move the print head by hand, it will be damaged
4. Lift up the clamp that holds the cartridge you want to replace as far as it will go.
5. The cartridge will rise partly out of the cartridge holder. For black ink replacement, lift up only the smaller clamp on the left.
6. Lift the cartridge out of the printer and dispose of it properly.
7. Remove the cartridge from its protecting bag. Remove only the yellow tape seal from the cartridge. The yellow tape seal must be removed. Leaving the tape on when you install the cartridge will permanently damage it. Do not remove the tape seal from the bottom of the cartridge.Otherwise ink will leak.
8. Lower the ink cartridge into the cartridge holder with the label on the cartridge face up and the arrow on the cartridge pointing to the rear of the printer.
9. Press the ink cartridge clamp down until it locks in place. Do not press the cartridge itself.
10. Press the cleaning button. The printer moves the print head and begins charging the ink delivery system. This process may take a few minutes to complete. The power light continues to flash while the printer performs the ink charging operation.
11. Never turn off the printer while this light is flashing. Doing so can result in incomplete charging of ink. Even if you do not press the cleaning button, the printer moves the print head and begins the ink charging process about 60 seconds after you replace the ink cartridge.
12. When the ink charging procedure is finished, close the printer cover.
Posted on Sep 16, 2008
Have you tried www.epson.com or if no luck there try my favourite site www.cnet.com if it isn't there there will be a link, Cnet's never failed me.
Press the blue button if satisfied with my Free effort, Thank You!
Paul 'W' U.K.
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
Did you use Epson Genuine Cartridges?
Epson Requires Genuine Epson Cartridges. !!!!!!!!
In Purchasing Epson's CX 5400, CX4600, & CX7400 and more, I found out that Epson does not like Generic Printer Cartridges. That sounds like your problem. Also in Purchasing the Brother's . Color that should be Yellow, will turn out Green, Blue Brown, etc.
These printers have a chip, that will detect if it is Generic or Genunie. When using Generic Cartridges, it will print lines thru the words, stripes across the picture and also do a mix match with the colors.
That's what these Companies do., so they can keep selling the ink cartridges. Some Printers, are able to use Generic, but you have to fill them up yourself and I heard, quite MESSY.
So I learned, thru trial and error, that you must use the ORIGINAL Genuine Cartridges for these PRINTERS. Some people say some models work fine compatible, but not mine.......
I had to replace the printer, but Epson, Lexmark & Brothers are always on sale. My Brother & Epson cost me $50.00 with Rebate. Don’t waste too much ink in cleaning it.
This is the only advice I can give you. If you find this helpful, pls rate me.
Thanks and Good Luck :0)
Posted on Jan 23, 2010
Here is a direct link to show you how to clean the Ink Head. Copy and paste web address into your address bar. Good Luck
Posted on Jan 26, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 12, 2014 | Epson Stylus CX6400 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 08, 2012 | Epson Stylus DX4450 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 05, 2010 | Epson Stylus DX4450 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 02, 2010 | Epson Stylus DX4450 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 28, 2009 | Epson Stylus DX4450 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 29, 2009 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Jun 08, 2008 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: