Question about Samsung 50" 1080p 60Hz LED-LCD HDTV UN50EH5000F
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have LNS4692D. Returned from vacation, turned tv on - no picture. Tried turning tv off for 4 hours- nothing. Symptoms are: tv is on - no picture , just sound; menu doesn't show, volume bar doesn't show;E.Saving is working - the backlight is changing from lighter to darker.
Found this website and ordered T-con, otherwise known as the LCD panel driver board, p/n# Bn8101286a ( thanks premtech) from partstore.com for $124. Part number BN81-01286A A/S T-CON Board.
1.Remove plastic cover. There is an arrow for each screw that needs to be removed. Make sure to unscrew pins next to VGA port. I've spent some time trying to figure out what else is holding the plastic panel until I found this pins.
2. Remove big metal shield in the middle of tv that is covering main components. This shield is being held by small black screws all around it.
At this point you will see cover of T-CON. Here is the picture
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=118863&d=1220531321 (thanks ldac9). Do not attempt to remove that cover yet. Proceed with a next step
3.Remove metal panel that holds main components. Locate big chrome screws that have arrows pointing to them and unscrew them. Remove 2 more screws on the bottom of the panel that holds it together with a box for cables. At this point the main panel will be lose
4. Carefully start lifting the panel. You will see that there are connectors going from components on the panel to components on the lower panel and T-CON. Carefully unplug these components and raise the main panel.
5. Remove 4 screws that holds T-CON cover. Pull the cover so that T-CON is completely exposed. The cover is connected by thin alluminum , don't hesitate to pull it , but don't rip it out.
6. Once T-CON is exposed you will see 2 red ribbons. I've spent some time to figure out how unplug those from old T-CON board. Here is the suggestion. Don't try to pull it out. All you need to do is to lift small plastic lever that is part of a connector. Then ribbon can be slided out. If not sure what to do, see how this is done on the new T-CON. It has a principle of buckle on airplain safety belts.
7. Remove old T-CON and install new you.
8. Follow reverse order.
I've never fixed TV before , but this was totally successful project.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
Replacing the capacitors would be a good start. Replace all the ones with the same capacitance and voltage rating even if they do not look bulge.
Let me know if you require further assistance.
Posted on Mar 14, 2009
You cannot test the T-Con bd with a meter. However if you have the luxury of having another same model tv, you can install the bought T-Con bd and see if it is good or bad. Since you said the Menu and channel flashses, then I would replace the Main board.
Posted on Apr 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2018 | Vizio Televison & Video
Jan 22, 2018 | Samsung Televison & Video
Nov 15, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jul 12, 2017 | Televison & Video
Jun 20, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jun 09, 2017 | Samsung UN60EH6003F 60" LED TV 1920x1080,...
Jun 05, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
Apr 30, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
Mar 13, 2017 | Televison & Video
Oct 05, 2008 | Televison & Video
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: