Question about Samsung 50" 1080p 60Hz LED-LCD HDTV UN50EH5000F
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have LNS4692D. Returned from vacation, turned tv on - no picture. Tried turning tv off for 4 hours- nothing. Symptoms are: tv is on - no picture , just sound; menu doesn't show, volume bar doesn't show;E.Saving is working - the backlight is changing from lighter to darker.
Found this website and ordered T-con, otherwise known as the LCD panel driver board, p/n# Bn8101286a ( thanks premtech) from partstore.com for $124. Part number BN81-01286A A/S T-CON Board.
1.Remove plastic cover. There is an arrow for each screw that needs to be removed. Make sure to unscrew pins next to VGA port. I've spent some time trying to figure out what else is holding the plastic panel until I found this pins.
2. Remove big metal shield in the middle of tv that is covering main components. This shield is being held by small black screws all around it.
At this point you will see cover of T-CON. Here is the picture
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=118863&d=1220531321 (thanks ldac9). Do not attempt to remove that cover yet. Proceed with a next step
3.Remove metal panel that holds main components. Locate big chrome screws that have arrows pointing to them and unscrew them. Remove 2 more screws on the bottom of the panel that holds it together with a box for cables. At this point the main panel will be lose
4. Carefully start lifting the panel. You will see that there are connectors going from components on the panel to components on the lower panel and T-CON. Carefully unplug these components and raise the main panel.
5. Remove 4 screws that holds T-CON cover. Pull the cover so that T-CON is completely exposed. The cover is connected by thin alluminum , don't hesitate to pull it , but don't rip it out.
6. Once T-CON is exposed you will see 2 red ribbons. I've spent some time to figure out how unplug those from old T-CON board. Here is the suggestion. Don't try to pull it out. All you need to do is to lift small plastic lever that is part of a connector. Then ribbon can be slided out. If not sure what to do, see how this is done on the new T-CON. It has a principle of buckle on airplain safety belts.
7. Remove old T-CON and install new you.
8. Follow reverse order.
I've never fixed TV before , but this was totally successful project.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
You need to do some more diagnosing of the problem. If you get sound and change channels take a bright flashlight and place it again the screen. Look for an image around the edge of the flashlight.
If you see an image that means the LCD controller board (TCON) is probably good.
The problem is probably one of three causes;
1) Inverter board is bad
2) CCFT (cold cathode fluorescent light) are bad.
3) Power to the inverter board is bad. You can also check the connectors.
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
One of your transformers on the inverter board are failing to sustain regulated power to the florescent lamps resulting in a dark picture. Also check the SMD fuses on the inverter board(s) see if they have blown. You will need a continuity meter to check them. You can get one from radio shack and be sure to get one with audible sound....you don't have to replace boards when you can fix them.
Posted on Jul 10, 2009
You cannot test the T-Con bd with a meter. However if you have the luxury of having another same model tv, you can install the bought T-Con bd and see if it is good or bad. Since you said the Menu and channel flashses, then I would replace the Main board.
Posted on Apr 16, 2010
it possible that the problem is the the TCON board, you can try websites Shopjimmy.com,Ebay.com to buy a refurbish board for the replacement.
Also note that
The T-CON (Timing Control or LCD controller) board (on the LCD panel assembly). It transfer the universal image signal of TTL and LVDS signal to specific TFT (Thin Film Transistor) LCD.
This is the interface board that talks to the Logic board and the LCD panel to produce pictures on the screen. White/gray glowing screen when it fails or not getting the voltage from the logic board (the 5 or 12vdc is supplied by switched transistor on the logic board). Notes: T-CON board is mounted under the metal cover shield.
Scrambled pictures, Lines, multiple pictures, color smears/blotches, rolling pictures after warm up.
Blown surface mounted fuse.
No pictures, very dark screen almost like there is no backlights.
Hope this helpout..
Posted on Jul 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 20, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jun 20, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jun 05, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
May 26, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
May 08, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
Mar 21, 2017 | Samsung UN60EH6003 60" 1080p LED HDTV,...
Oct 19, 2016 | Samsung Televison & Video
Mar 31, 2015 | Samsung LN40A550 LCD TV
Mar 13, 2017 | Televison & Video
Oct 05, 2008 | Televison & Video
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: