If you can't remember your lock screen password or PIN, you will need to reset your Kindle Fire.Important:
Resetting your Kindle Fire will remove your personal information (including your lock screen password or PIN), Amazon account information, and downloaded content and apps. Any content you purchased from Amazon is automatically saved to the Cloud. You can download that content when you register your Kindle Fire to your account again.
- From the lock screen, slide the Unlock Bar from right to left.
- Enter characters into the prompt ten times. You will receive several warning messages. Dismiss the warning messages, and continue entering characters into the prompt.
After you've entered the incorrect password or PIN ten times, your Kindle Fire will reset.Kindle Paperwhite:
If you can't remember the passcode for your Kindle you'll need to reset your device.
- Transfer from a Computer to Your Kindle Paperwhite.You can't reset your Kindle Paperwhite if Parental Controls are set. If you forget your password, reset your Kindle by entering "111222777" as the Parental Controls password.
Important: Resetting your Kindle will remove all content downloaded to it. Any content that is already saved to Your Kindle Library in the Cloud will remain in the Cloud. You can download that content again if you register your Kindle to your account again.
To use your Kindle again, you'll need to connect wirelessly and register your Kindle.
- From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
- Tap the Menu icon again, and then tap Reset Device. Your device will power off and power back on.