When you register your Kindle, you'll be able to purchase and
download content easily. You can register or deregister your Kindle on
your computer through the Manage Your Kindle
page, or right from your device.
: If you have a Wi-Fi only device, you will need to set up your Wi-Fi connection
in order to register from your device.
To register or deregister your Kindle from your device:
- Move the 5-way controller down until "Settings" is underlined and press to select.
- Press the 5-way controller to select "register" or
"deregister" from the Settings screen. If you don't have an Amazon.com
account, you will be prompted to create one.
- When you register your Kindle, enter your Amazon.com user name
and password (the e-mail address and password associated with your
Amazon account) using the keyboard.
- Move the 5-way controller to select "OK."
If your Amazon user name or password
contains characters or numbers not present on the Kindle keyboard,
press the Symbol key to see a menu of additional characters.
Registering if You Don't Have an Amazon.com Account
If you don't already have an Amazon.com account, you can create one at www.amazon.com. Here's how:
- On the sign-in screen, enter the e-mail address you want to
use for your Amazon.com account. This e-mail address will be the
one we use to send you updates about your orders.
- Don't enter a password. Check the button next to "No, I am a new customer" and then click the Sign in using our secure server button to continue.
- Enter your name and verify your e-mail address on the Registration screen.
- Enter a password for your new account and click the Continue
button. We'll ask you to enter the same password twice to make sure it
is correct. (You might also want to write your login informaiton
so you'll have it later.)
- Visit the Manage Your Kindle page. Enter the serial number for your Kindle and click the Register a new Kindle button. You'll find Kindle's serial number on the outside of the box or on the Settings menu on your Kindle.
If you're unable to locate Kindle's serial number, don't worry.
You've successfully created an Amazon.com account and can now register
your Kindle wirelessly following the Registering Your Kindle