Question about Kitchen Appliances - Others

Open Question

Kitchen Tap Mixer tap set. What is the secret to locking these in place WITHOUT locking up the swivel function. Brand is unknown but not that old. Thanks Kev

I appreciate there is a lock nut on the underside and a slip ring or whatever on the exterior topside and I have tools that could remove the nut etc and access the main barrel unit.

Posted by on


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 171 Answers

SOURCE: mixer tap on the kitchen sink

Hi gt_elijah.

I'm Harvey the Master Plumber.

You want to know if there any way to tighten a faucet on a kitchen sink?

Yes! All faucets have to be secure, but there are as many diferent methods as there are diferent manufacturers. If you are unfamiliar with the diferent methods then you might not recognize the screw, nut, bolt or fitting when you look at it. Also, for many, a special tool is required. It might be wise to have someone local look at it.
Feel free contact me again!
Please give me a rating here at before you sign off
Thank you,
Harvey your Master Plumber

Posted on Sep 10, 2008

  • 150 Answers

SOURCE: fitting monobloc kitchen diagram on pipe fittings

The tap should have 2 pipes about 6-10 inches long and almost the thickness of a maker pen {10mm or 15mm]
U will need either a 10-15 connection or a 15-15 connection either straight or elbowed according to routing need to main pipes [& these should also be 15mm
connections are fixed either with solder or have nuts on each end to tighten [compression] or are just push-on ["Speedfit"]
Ger back if u need more

Posted on May 02, 2009

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: My dell axim x51v is frozen where says

On the left side of the pda is a little slide button with a lock symbol on it, make sure it is slid down. This button is a key/screen lock to ensure you dont push any buttons accidentally.

Posted on Jun 19, 2009

  • 1986 Answers

SOURCE: lock barrell on the drivers side is broken

you'll need to remove your door panel (screws are by the door handle, arm rest, under door and side of door) and pull back the weather seal (can't reuse it, but it's not that important) and you will be able to access everything.

I'm not sure what you mean by lock barrell.. I'm guessing the cylinder which you'll just have to bolt back onto the door.. you may need to find a specific bolt though....

Posted on Aug 12, 2009

  • 7 Answers

SOURCE: stiff mixer tap

You need to remove the top from the tap that is stiff, this is normally done by removing a cap or plug from the top of the tap using a small screwdriver or some other form of lever, underneath you should find a screw, removing this screw should allow you to remove the tap handle/knob.
You should now be able to see the main shaft of the tap, where you have just removed the screw from. work down this shaft and you come to a nut, this is known as the packing nut, it places pressure on a seal to stop water coming back up the side of the shaft. It may be that this nut is a little too tight and is acting like a brake, you need to loosen this nut (anticlockwise) but not too much that water is allowed to seep out from the shaft, try a little at a time, (you also need to hold the bigger, lower nut to stop this turning) It could also be that lime-scale has formed on the bottom of this shaft, if this is the case you may need to replace this part of the tap, the bigger nut further down the shaft allows you to unscrew (anticlockwise) the tap from the main body and replace this part.Remember to turn off the water at the mains shut-off before removing the tap body. If replacing the tap body it needs to be tightened down to prevent it turning when turning the tap on and off.

Posted on Apr 11, 2010

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to repair kitchen mixer leaking from swivel not the tap

You will need to take handle of to see where the leak is coming from. It could be from the cart. or the spout o rings or both.

Aug 24, 2014 | Plumbing

3 Answers

My kitchen aid mixer bowl falls out when I'm mixing

Hello Heather,

Either the grooves on the bowl lock plate are worn out, or the grooves on the actual bowl are worn out. I would start with replacing the bowl lock plate. Here is a link to the part: KitchenAid Mixer Bowl Lock Plate 4163032

This part is really easy to replace, it is held into place with three screws, remove those screws (make sure to hang onto those you will need them to re-install the new part). then you should be able to pop the old plate out. To install the new plate like up the screw holes, and press into place, sometimes you need to lightly tap it into place with a rubber mallet as it is suppose to be a very tight fit.

Once that has been replaced your bowl should lock into place tightly. However there is always a chance that the bowl has been worn down and may need to be replaced. Here is a link to the 4.5 Quart bowl: KitchenAid 4 5 Quart Stainless Steel Bowl

- Colleen @ Mending


Aug 12, 2012 | KitchenAid K45SS Classic Stand Mixer

1 Answer

I have a mixer tap in the kitchen sink. The hot water tap runs fine but I am not getting any cold water. I also have a bath downstairs and the cold water tap there is fine

You will have to turn off your water mains and strip your mixer tap. It is possible that the seal (if it is an older tap with a rubber seal) has become stuck or the threaded part that turns it has gone faulty. If it is a modern tap with ceramic seals, check the operation of the mechanism and see why the ceramic seal is not being opened.

Mar 26, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Dripping from mixer tap in kitchen

This is a failure of the washer in the valve of the mixer tap. You can remove most of these to change the washer that is worn out. However even if the valve is faulty with a worn out thread the tap can leak.

Use the correct tool to remove , model not mentioned .

Jan 24, 2011 | Garden

1 Answer

How do I change a tap washer in aTechnika mixer

It may not be the washer the head gear may be faulty, sometimes if you remove it and clean it with some wire wool it works again.

Jan 01, 2010 | Computers & Internet

3 Answers

Hi I am looking to buy a table top dishwasher, I have no room to plumb into pipes, will I be able to connect to a mixer tap???????

a dishwaher needs hot water to work properly a mixer i believe works so you do not get burned by hot water i believe correct me if i am wrong with a normal tap all you need is a special fitting for your portable and they usually are supplied with a new one or are cheap to purchase from a plumbing supply or loewes or home depot.check with where you want to purchase washer and ask if they work with a tap mixer

Dec 14, 2009 | Dishwashers

1 Answer


hi i need to fix a pull out sink mixer...but i have no idea how to fix.pls help.thanks

Oct 05, 2009 | Food Mixers

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kitchen Appliances - Others Logo

Related Topics:

51 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kitchen Appliances - Others Experts

Angel Joseph Jr.
Angel Joseph Jr.

Level 2 Expert

683 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers


Level 3 Expert

76109 Answers

Are you a Kitchen Appliances - Other Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides