Question about NetGear WN111 (DHWN111100NAS) Pre-802.11n Wireless Adapter
Everytime the computer is rebooted the wep key has to be re-entered in the connection properties tab of the wireless connection. how do you get the computer to save the correct key?
Windows XP home edition SP1
Hi, This is a prominent issue with SP1 on XP.Either upgrade it to SP2 or above or use NETGEAR Utility to connect to the network instead of windows one.
To download SP2 visit microsoft website and for NETGEAR UTILIY follow the steps below:
1. Double click on WN111 icon from the right hand extreme bottom corner of the screen, near the system clock, in the system tray.
2. Click on networks tab.
3. Click on the SCAN button - This will show a listing of all available networks.
4. Select the network you wish to connect to and click on the "CONNECT" button.
5. This will automatically take you back to the settings tab.
6. If you are using WEP security then Enter the WEP KEY under the option 'Enter Key manually' under the settings Tab.
7. Apply Settings .
8. This should get you connected to your selected network.
9. Click on the 'About' tab and check the IP address.
10. If you are getting an IP address in the format of 192.168.x.x, try to go online.
11. If you are not getting an IP or the IP is in the format of 169.254.x.x, restart the computer and then try to go online.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 08, 2011 | Computers & Internet
on Jan 22, 2010 | Computers & Internet
on Jan 03, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 22, 2011 | 2wire (2701HG-B) Wireless Router
Dec 05, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Jan 31, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 24, 2010 | Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11g/b
Jan 18, 2010 | Zonet Fast Ethernet Adapter Realtek 8139D...
Nov 12, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jul 31, 2008 | Linksys WRT54G3G Wireless Router...
221 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: