How do you unlock your nook, when you forget your password?
From what I have found on this issue it looks like you will need to restore your nook back to factory settings. Any books you bought and backed up from Barnes & Nobles should re-download once you have restored the device and re-registered.
To complete a factory fallback:
1. Turn your device completely off.
2. Power up the device while holding in both the power button and the physical "n" button at the bottom of your NOOKcolor.
The device should begin to power up and you will see the welcome screen
however keep holding both buttons down and the device will power down.
4. Repeat step 2.
5. When the welcome screen comes up, release both buttons.
The device will begin to power on and then a window will pop up asking
if you would like to restore your device. Press the "n" button once and
again to confirm.
7. The NOOKcolor will restore itself to full factory defaults and will startup as if it were brand new.
8. Re-register your device (while connected to a WiFi network) and you will start over fresh
Mar 10, 2011 |
Barnes & Noble nook color eBook Reader