Question about Lexmark X5495 Printer
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: HAVING PROBLEMS FAXING, I GET
Clear NV RAM.....
Unplug the Power Supply from the Printer....
Press and Hold the #5 button on the Printer and plug in the Power Supply.......
Don Release the #5 button till the Printer turns on completely....
After releasing the #5 button........
Press the Menu button once Keep on Pressing the Right Navigation Key till u find an option saying Maintanence goto maintanenece and go to manufacturing and click on clear NV RAM.....
Now as soon as the Printer is Restarted.......
U will be able to send and recieve faxes.....
Posted on Jan 22, 2009
It seems there is a possibility of a problem with the printer itself, or perhaps the cartridge. You should first self-test the printer. Since we are unsure where the problem exists, we must do eliminative troubleshooting to rule out parts of the printing system. The self-test allows us to rule out software and the cable by testing the hardware by itself. Please note that this is not a "fix," but rather a diagnostic test to determine if your hardware is at fault.
Please begin by disconnecting the power supply from the wall (not the back of the printer) for at least "30 seconds." Then plug the printer back in.
Next, try this printer self-test by following the steps given below:
1. Make sure the printer is in “Copy Mode.”
2. Press the “Menu” button once.
3. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Copies”.
4. Press the left arrow button once. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Tools”.
5. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Tools: Maintenance”.
6. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Maintenance: Ink Levels”.
7. Press the right arrow button until the screen reads “Maintenance: Print Test Page”.
8. Press the check button once. This will start the Self-Test. Once the page has printed, the printer will stop. The test is not continuous.
The self-test should at least print out a set of either a solid black or solid color bars, if not both (if you have a printer with both color and black installed simultaneously). Should this test fail, please try it again without cartridges installed. If the self-test still fails to take paper in and make sounds like the carrier is moving across the paper, this is a hardware issue, and the printer will require service. If the self-test completes without any cartridges installed, run the self-test again with only a color cartridge installed (If you have both black and color cartridges, after this test, run the test again with just the black cartridge installed). If you find that either cartridge causes the self-test to fail, please let us know.
If the self-test prints, but has lines or smudges or other print quality issues, please let us know. This includes any print quality issues - we need to know if the problems you have with your black or color are based in the printer, or communications with your computer, or the computer's software.
If the self-test prints your test bar(s) clearly, the printer hardware is not at fault.
Posted on May 16, 2009
SOURCE: Lexmark X5495 - useless
I've had a problem like this before too, it's was down to two things which might be the same for you!
1) Is your printer plugged into a Power Surge Protector? if so then remove it from that and plug it into a normal plug, the surge protector sometimes doesn't allow the correct amount of power to reach the printer which causes an issue.
2) Your paper feed rollers, I had to clean mine with white spirt to remove the paper dust from the rollers, once done feeds paper everytime since!
If this has helped you then please rate me!
Posted on Aug 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2010 | Lexmark X5495 Printer
Aug 04, 2010 | Lexmark X5495 Printer
Oct 17, 2009 | Lexmark X5495 Printer
Aug 22, 2009 | Lexmark X5495 All-in-One &USB...
Jan 19, 2009 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 20, 2008 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!