My Kindle paperwhite is frozen. How do I restart?
Forgot my password
Did you forget the password used to unlock your Kindle? If so, you'll need to reset the device to gain access. By resetting, your Kindle will be restored to factory defaults, which means your registration information and content will be removed, and all settings will return to the defaults.
To reset a Kindle Touch or Kindle Paperwhite:
1. Press and release the power button to turn on the device or exit sleep mode
2. Tap the password field to bring up the onscreen keyboard
3. Enter "111222777" and select "OK"
If you don't remember your Parental Controls password, you can deregister your device instead of resetting, as long as you're connected to a wireless network. You'll need to redownload your content, but items that were transferred via USB will be kept. Here's what to do:
1. Visit the Manage Your Content and Devices (www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle) page on your computer
2. Select the "Manage Your Devices" link
3. Select "Deregister" to deregister your device from your account
Sync your Kindle, then register again.
If you need help with your Wi-Fi password, please contact your Internet Service Provider or router manufacturer.
Mar 03, 2015 |
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite