Re-position the Encoder Strip on your all in one Printer
To re-position the encoder strip, perform the following steps:
1. Remove the power cord from the unit.
Lift the lid of the unit, just below the scanner portion of the
All-In-One, to expose the inside of the unit where the printer
cartridges are located.
3. Gently slide the ink cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer.
4. Gently move the top part of the printer belt to the right.
Using an index finger, gently push encoder strip down and then back up
to get it back into the slot located on the back of the ink cartridge
NOTE: There is a small slot that the encoder
strip fits into, which is going to be located on the back of the ink
6. Gently press the strip first to the rear and then forward to ensure that it is seated correctly.
7. Manually move the ink cartridge carrier to the left, then to the right to check the positioning of the encoder strip.
8. Once the encoder strip has been re-seated, close the lid to the unit.
9. Re-connect the power supply to the All-In-One.
10. Press the Power button. If the encoder strip was re-seated correctly, the Hardware Error: 502 code will not appear.
See attached pictures, one for an out or place encoder strip, the other for a well placed strip.
faults that can bring up this error is a carriage rail that needs
cleaning and oiling (so you might want to do that while your inside the
thing), and also obstructions to the paper ways. Try removing paper
jams, and put the printer upside down to shake loose anything that
might jam the mechanism.
Dec 12, 2008 |
Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer