Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
How to empty the waste ink aborber on canon pixma iP90v
You can see it and partially clean it without striping the printer down, but after taking the printer top off you can give the whole area a good clean.
The tank is the little plastic tray to the right of the carridge, its about 1cm x 2 and a half and has an absorbant pad inside it held in by delicate rubber wings, the pad can be taken out and a metal plates sits below which can also be removed revealing a small tube throught which ink passes.
You can strip all of this out and clean or just give a quick wipe out with cotton buds without dismanteling too much.
I would recomend that if you have the time and patience then at least do the following;
Take the absorbant pad out and keep patting it on kitchen roll etc until no more in comes off, then gently clean around the rest of the tank with cotton buds, this should be enough cleaning to keep everything happy!
The worst you can do is be a touch to rough and knock the small spring out of place that sits under the tank (you will feel this spring as you prod at the tank) the spring is a pain to get back in place!
Try this to reset the error.
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 04, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP90v Printer
Apr 06, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP90v Printer
Jan 11, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP90v Printer
Dec 23, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90v InkJet Printer
Oct 31, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90v InkJet Printer
Feb 07, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90v Printer
Apr 22, 2006 | Canon i350 InkJet Printer
322 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!