Question about Garmin nuvi 52LM Essential Series 5" GPS with Lifetime Map Updates
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Garmin nuvi 260
Re: Not sayinstreet names.
After you turn on your unit touch the wrench icon in the bottom right of the screen, this will take you to a menu which features "Settings" in the upper left of the screen. Touch "settings" and scroll down to "language" by using the up and down buttons in the lower right of the screen (down 1 should do it). Touch "Language" and in the voice category find and select "American English - Jill (TTS)". This is the voice that will give you Text To Speech (TTS) speaking the street names in English. If you prefer Spanish or French, find the appropriate catergories with "(TTS)" beside them - "Espanol Americas - Paulina (TTS)" and "Francais Canadien - Julie (TTS)" respectively. Any other selection will only give directional instructions such as "turn left in XXX".
After you have selected your voice press "OK" and back out to your main menu showing "Where to?" and View Map".
Now, when you navigate, you should hear an American female voice giving you directions by street name - assuming your volume is high enough to hear it.
RE: The computer icon displaying when you try to use your unit in the car with the 12 VDC cord.
You probably have a problem with the cord. The pin length in the USB style connector is critical and if it doesn't match up just right the GPS thinks it is hooked up to a computer. If you know someone who has a Garmin NUVI try using their cord and see if you have the same problem. Either way, call Garmin and see if they will send you a replacement cord or otherwise help fix the problem.
Posted on Nov 03, 2008
Guys and or ladies... I know that you have to create a folder named "GARMIN" in the sd card so the maps can be recognize. Maybe this solves your problem. Let me know if it works.
BR from Spain,
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
SOURCE: Garmin Nuvi 200 Maps Disappeared
Hope this helps!
I wanted to add maps to my 250W. I found the maps I wanted on a Torrent. However, many searches around various forums never revealed how to install these. Found the following through reading and experimentation.
1. Downoaded map image file GMAPSUPP.IMG. Download also gave me "Use code XXX when generating unlock code for maps"
2. Downloaded Garmin Unlock Generator 1.3 by JetMouse
3. Looked on my GPS to find the UnitID
4. Entered the UnitID into Garmin Unlock Generator. Ignore the GM XT device unlock code and the top Generate button.
5. Selected Map Product as Custom and entered the code given for the downloaded image file.
6. Hit the bottom create button to generate a 25 digit code.
7. Download Img2Gps and run
8. Click Load Folder to load the image file. Select the tick next to it.
9. Check the Use Unlock Key option and paste the 25 digit code in.
10. Load a blank SD card into your Garmin
11. Connect the Garmin to your PC using a USB cable. You should see two dirves in windows: one is the Garmin and the other is the "Removable Disk" SD card.
12. Create a folder called "Garmin" on the SD card
13. Select Folder/Card in Img2GPS
14. Click "Copy Maps". Select the folder /Garmin on the SD card. You may need to click copy again.
15. Upload will take a while.
16. You should now see a file GMAPSUPP.IMG on the SD card in the /Garmin directory.
17. Create a new text file called GMAPSUPP.UNL in the same directory (make sure it does not have a hidden .txt extension).
18 copy the 25 digit unlock key into this file.
19. Close the file.
20. Disconnect the Garmin.
21. On Startup it should load your original maps and the new ones.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
Asmany as there are FREE dinners Updates are not free, unless you paid full price for it when you bought it. Free upgrades are a deceptive myth. If you get a free uograde its usually minor and was included in the price of the pack.
Posted on Sep 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2017 | Garmin Nuvi 40Lm - Gps Receiver
Apr 02, 2016 | Garmin Nuvi 52 Gps
Sep 05, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 1310 Car GPS Receiver
Jun 28, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 760 Car GPS Receiver
Feb 15, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 760 Handheld GPS Receiver
Jul 26, 2008 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!