Question about Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
F90 Maximum oven door unlock time exceeded.
F91 Maximum oven door unlock attempts exceeded.
F92 Maximum oven door open time exceeded.
F93 Maximum oven door lock time exceeded.
F94 Maximum oven door lock attempts exceeded.
1. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check the wiring between EOC & Lock Motor Micro Switch.
2. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Replace the Motor Door Latch assembly if necessary.
3. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check for binding of the Latch Cam, Lock Motor Rod & Lock Motor Cam.
4. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check to see if Lock Motor Coil is open. If open, replace Lock Motor Assembly.
5. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Lock Motor continuously runs - if Micro Switch is open, replace Lock Motor Assembly.
6. (F92, 93 & 94) Check oven door Light Switch - if open, replace Switch.
7. If all situations above do not solve problem, replace EOC.
F90 is a door lock code, Try this...
unplug the range.
wait 1 minute.
turn the range back on,
then while holding in on the oven door.
start another self clean.
wait 2 minutes.
then cancel the self clean.
do not release the door until the door lock light goes out.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
Posted on Sep 25, 2010
SOURCE: F90 error code Kenmore elite
The F90 error code is a door lock code. There are a couple of steps that you can take to try and clear the code. Do the following:
1) Unplug the range and wait for one minute.
2) Plug the range back in and turn it on.
3) Hold the door in and start a self clean cycle.
4) Wait for 2 minutes and then cancel the self clean cycle.
5) Do not let the door go until the door lock light goes out.
If that procedure does not clear the error code then you may have to get a Kenmore repair tech to take a look at the unit. There are a number of electronic fixes mentioned in their repair manual, but you would have to have the proper tools and training to run through those procedures. If there is any warranty left on the unit you can of course have the repair paid for. If not, then any repair shop should be able to give you a rough estimate on the cost of repair.
Thank you for the opportunity to assist you in resolving your issue. Should you need further information or assistance please do not hesitate to let us know.
Posted on Feb 17, 2011
F90 means: Maximum oven door unlock time exceeded. Test the wiring between EOC(electronic control) and door latch motor, check door latch micro switch.
Posted on Dec 16, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 15, 2014 | Kenmore Ovens
Feb 28, 2013 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Dec 16, 2011 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Jun 20, 2010 | Kenmore 95002 / 95004 Electric Kitchen...
Oct 13, 2009 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Jul 07, 2009 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Jun 17, 2009 | Frigidaire Gallery GLEFM397DS Electric...
Jan 04, 2009 | Kenmore 79012 / 79014 / 79019 Gas Kitchen...
Dec 16, 2008 | Kenmore 79013 Stainless Steel Gas Kitchen...
Nov 18, 2008 | Kenmore 79012 / 79014 / 79019 Gas Kitchen...
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: