Question about Video Game Consoles & Games
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: My ps3 had a message
Ok, usually when you fit a new hard drive when you first turn the PS3 on it will take a while to boot up but the first thing it should say is "The hard drive needs to be formatted". It usually says this in about a minute or so of first starting it up.
If this does not happen, try the following steps :
1. Turn the PS3 off into standby mode (red light on)
2. Press and hold the power button. It will beep as soon as you press it, then beep again 5 seconds later and then beep once more and turn back off into standby. Release the power button
3. Press and hold the power button again. It will beep when you first press it, beep again 5 seconds later and then beep twice quickly. When you hear these 2 quick beeps let go of the power button.
4. The PS3 will boot up and ask you to connect a controller via USB and press the PS button. Do this and then move onto the next step.
5. A menu will load with 6 options. Choose option 5 "Restore PS3 system". This will then install the PS3 software needed onto your hard drive. Agree to any on screen prompts and then the PS3 should restart to a fully working system.
Hope this helps and thank you for using FixYa
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
Unfortunately this is a sign that the data on the drive is corrupted or the drive its self is goning bad. The link below tell you how to fix the issue.
Let me know if you have any more problems or questions
Posted on Aug 29, 2011
When the sensor things a certanly temp is reached, it will give this error.
on the other hand it could be the cooling is not optimal, so the processor is really healing up. I would not risk burning it. Let a tech check this. Pernis only Some new cooling paste is needs between the processor and the cooler.
Posted on Mar 14, 2015
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2015 | Super Video Game Consoles & Games
Dec 28, 2013 | Sony Playstation 3 120GB PS3 Slim BluRay...
Dec 03, 2013 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 08, 2012 | Sony Playstation 3 Cech-2001a Ps3 Slim...
Nov 05, 2012 | Sony Playstation 3 Cech-2001a Ps3 Slim...
Jan 11, 2012 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 04, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 30, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sep 09, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!