- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. If you're watching TV via a Cable or Satellite box , then the SAP (Secondary Audio Programming) is activated in the box, not the TV. Check with your TV service provider how to activate/deactivate SAP in their box.
2. Only if you're using the TV's own built-in tuner to watch TV (you're changing channels by using the Panasonic remote for CH up/down), then press the SAP button on the Panasonic TV remote to cycle through the SAP options.
OK - please follow these instructions carefully to setup the Freeview box. If you get stuck at any point in the instructions - or anything I've said doesn't make sense or match what you can see - just post another message here and I'll deal with each problem as it arises.
1. Switch the TV and Freeview box to STANDBY. There should be a red light on the Freeview box; 2. Connect the aerial cable to the freeview box. Make sure you are connecting this to the correct socket. This should be labelled "RF IN", "IN" or "Aerial/Antenna". If you have connected to a socket marked "RF/TV OUT" or "TO TV" or something similar, it wont work; 3. Connect the SCART cable to Freeview box and the back of the TV; 4. Switch the TV on; 5. Switch the Freeview box on - you should get a green light on the front of the box;
Most TVs will automatically switch to the external input when a SCART device is switched on while the TV is already on. This is why you should switch the TV on first.
At this point you should be able to see the installation / setup screen for the Freeview box displayed on your TV. If you cannot see this:
A. Press the INPUT button once on your SAMSUNG remote control once. This is the button in the top-right corner of your remote control. B. If you still cannot see the installation / setup screen, press the MENU or SETUP button on the remote control supplied with the Freeview box.
The instructions from this point forward will be different if you had to press the MENU / SETUP button on the Freeview remote before anything appeared on the TV screen. If this Freeview box has been used before the installation screen will not appear, but you will get at on-screen menu after pressing the MENU / SETUP button. If this happens, please let me know and I will provide alternative instructions for setup.
Assuming you have been able to access the installation screen, it should be easy enough to follow the instructions on screen from this point. Use the UP / DOWN / LEFT / RIGHT arrow keys on the Freeview remote to highlight the relevant options and then press OK / SELECT to choose that option.
I don't want to make this too complicated by providing alternative instructions for every possible scenario. Please run through the instructions above and make sure you are getting an installation screen or "menu/list" displayed on the TV. If you need further instructions from there, I will provide them in another message.
You may lose some channels when you retune the TV as the channels have been rearranged. To locate them look at the EPG although you may still find that some channels are no longer available on FREEVIEW. See the following link for additional information http://www.freeview.co.uk/_retuneinfo/ If the above process does not work then check the link above for additional information and also visit the accompanying site links below to find more information for your model of TV / FREEVIEW box. For troubleshooting the retune procedure visit http://tvretune.co.uk/troubleshooting/ For specific model information visit http://tvretune.co.uk/productmanuals/