Question about Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
I am unable to change the parental control setting on my kids ps2. It will either play about 5 min of a DVD then shuts down or it wont play at all. How do I access the menu to change the code?
Start the PS2 up and load the DVD. When it shows the Parental screen select YES. When the Password box pops up. Press the Select button on the controller. Type in 7444. Then your password is reset. It will ask you to enter another password. Do that twice. Allow the movie to start. When it gets going pause the movie, Press the Select button on your controller again. The DVD menu pops up. highlight SETUP. When that setup screen appears go to the 3rd icon from the left. Press X. Then highlight Parental Code. Set the parental lockout level to OFF.
Posted on Nov 20, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 26, 2018 | Tablets & eReaders
Jul 07, 2013 | Televison & Video
Parental control setting
Some discs are specified not suitable for children. Such
discs can be limited not to play back with the unit.
1) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A until the level you require appears.
• Level Off: The parental control setting does not
• Level 8: All DVD software can be played back.
• Level 1: DVD software for adults cannot be
Select from the level 1 to level 8. The limitation will
be more severe as the level number is lower.
2) Press C or D to select "Password".
Press Number buttons (0-9) to input a 4-digit
password. Be sure to remember this number!
• If you input a wrong number, press CLEAR.
3) Press ENTER to store the password.
Note: Now the rating is locked and the setting cannot
be changed unless you enter the correct pass
4) Press OPEN/CLOSE to activate Parental control
setting. (See "Temporary disabling of rating level by
DVD disc" on page 36.)
• Depending on the discs, the unit cannot limit playback.
• Some discs may not be encoded with specific rating
level information though its disc jacket says "adult." For
those discs, the age restriction will not work.
To change the parental level
1) Press C or D to select "Password".
2) Press Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password
you have stored.
3) Press ENTER.
• The rating is now unlocked.
4) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A to change the parental level.
5) Press C or D to select "Password", then press
Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password.
Note: You can change the password if you want.
6) Press ENTER.
Now the parental level is changed and locked.
If you forget the password...
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the disc tray.
2. Remove the disc.
3. Press OPEN/CLOSE again to close the disc tray.
"No Disc" appears on the screen.
4. While holding STOP down on the front panel,
press 7 on the remote control. "PASSWORD
CLEAR" appears on the screen.
5. Enter a new password again.
hope this helps
Mar 24, 2011 | Toshiba SD-K740 DVD Player
Jun 24, 2010 | Disney Ramone DVD Player
Sep 17, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Aug 06, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Nov 22, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Dec 25, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Nov 11, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Oct 11, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
181 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!