Question about Tools & Hardware - Others
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2017 | Tecumseh Garden
Aug 11, 2015 | Tecumseh Garden
Mar 24, 2014 | Tecumseh Garden
Jan 28, 2011 | Tecumseh Enduro Vertical Engine 16 HP 1in...
BREATHER PASSING OIL
1. Check the oil level, make sure the engine is not overfilled. Also verify that the viscosity rating on the container of
the oil being used is to specification.
2. Check the angle of operation. Avoid prolonged use at a severe angle.
3. Check the engine R.P.M. setting for excessive R.P.M. using a vibratach or other tachometer and compare it to the
R.P.M. settings found on microfiche card # 30 according to the engine model and specification number. Adjust the
high and low R.P.M. as necessary.
4. Check for leaking or damaged gaskets, seals, or "O"-rings. External leaks may not be evident; however, the leak
may prevent the engine from achieving a partial crankcase vacuum.
5. Check the breather for damage, dirty condition, or improper installation. The oil return hole(s) must face down.
6. Check the engine compression using a compression tester. If the engine has weak compression, determine the
cause of weak compression: worn rings, leaking head gasket, or leaking valves. Follow the compression tester's
I can help more... the engine number you passed did not cross.
Thanks for choosing FixYa,
Jan 25, 2011 | Tecumseh Snowblower Snow Blower Starter...
Dec 14, 2010 | Tecumseh 5hp Engine Snow King Mtd Blowers...
Oct 07, 2009 | Tecumseh Horizontal Tiller Engine 8 Hp, 1"...
Sep 05, 2009 | Tecumseh Lawn Boy Push Mowers Insight...
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!