Question about Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Our central heater in our home blower fan just started making a loud noise. if it does stop are there concerns for carbon monoxide poisoning due to no fan running?

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 2,183 Answers

It should not. The burner heats a manifold and air is drawn thru the hot manifold to warm the air. As long as the manifold Is in good shape, no co2 will contaminate the warmed air. However, if the fan does not blow air over the manifold, the the thermal fuse will be blown and stop the heater from working at all. Fan noise is not good. Get professional help asap

Posted on Dec 18, 2016

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

What makes a ventless gas heater put out carbon monoxide fumes


Any gas appliance that burns gas puts out Carbon Monoxide. The trick is to make it not too much, however, how much is too much. Read this;

http://www.ventfree.org/content/view/42/18/

and there are warnings here too;

https://www.angieslist.com/articles/are-ventless-fireplaces-safe.htm

and a list of the potentially dangerous gases they omit;

https://www.abe.iastate.edu/extension-and-outreach/carbon-monoxide-poisoning-unvented-gas-space-heating-appliances-aen-204/

I would not use one unless I had good ventilatioon and a better Carbon Monoxide alarm.


What makes ventless gas heater put out carbon monoxide fumes Google Search

Jan 19, 2017 | Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Can you install class-A cotton foil-backed insulation in a furnace heat exchanger duct


HVAC Insulation Cotton thermo acoustic duct wrap reduces noise and increases HVAC...

None of these products are used INSIDE the heat exchanger. If the problem is a cracked heat exchanger, you may be able tp purchase replacement parts to repair it

How to Fix Cracked Furnace Heat Exchanger DoItYourself com


The heat exchanger must be free of cracks and holes due to the potential of carbon monoxide leakage. You can probably make a short term repair with sheet metal and high heat furnace refractory cement, but that is a quick fix only.
Please be aware of the potential for a lethal situation due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

May 26, 2014 | Cozy (W352E) Heater

1 Answer

Smoke and soot from my pleasant hearth stove


Your chimney must be properly installed above the roof line to prevent downdraft. The soot issue may be cause by burning wood that is too green, not dry enough to burn clean.

Safety is a concern when using a wood stove in your house. Be informed about the dangers of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.
http://carbonmonoxidedetectoralarms.com/

Carbon Monoxide Detectors are mandatory by law in some states. Protect yourself and your family.
Amazon com carbon monoxide detector Electronics

Mar 23, 2014 | Pleasant Hearth Home

1 Answer

How can I shut off the beeping when my carbon monoxide monitor is accidentally pulled out of the wall?


Unfortuanely, you can't. The loud beep is in place to alert you to the issue so that you don't get carbon monoxide poisoning.

Jan 10, 2013 | Home

1 Answer

Getting flame coming out of inlet


This flame issue sounds like a make up air issue. When make up air is not correct, in essence YOU EXPOSE YOURSELF TO CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING, as well as an extreme fire hazard...Have a furnace guy measure this while ALL FANS in the home are (ON, Bathroom, kitchen, whole house ventilation fan, etc.)
Do not delay.

Oct 22, 2011 | RTO Atwood Water Heater - 6 Gal LP

1 Answer

Smelling carbon monoxide emissions


Please shut down the furnace and find an alternate source of heat immediately!!! In older furnaces the heat exchanger goes bad it will crack or burn holes in it. You need to replace the exchanger and or furnace, there are no ands, ifs, or buts about it. This is nick named the silent killer for a reason people carbon monoxide poisoning is no joking matter. You need to ventilate the house well and get out in to fresh air, signs of carbon monoxide poisoning are light headed, feeling tired and some get sort of sick to your stomach. Look there is no price that can be put on a human life, and I do understand that this is bad timing with the holidays and all, but this problem requires immediate attention PLEASE!!

Dec 28, 2010 | Goodman GMS90703BXA Heater

1 Answer

So when a vented gas water heater smells lke kerosine, is there any way to fix it? Or is it time to buy a new one. This ine is only 2 years old.


I am a little concerned here to hear this one, you should never smell anything from a hot water tank! Have you ever had the flue,or chimney checked out? Just a guess but being that this heater is two years old I would say it is a venting problem. Carbon monoxide poisoning comes to mind here, so please make sure you have a clean flue, good and adequate size exhaust pipe off the top and solid connection to the chimney/ exhaust vent.Might I also suggest a carbon monoxide detector in the area of this heater please! You do know that it is an odorless,yet silent killer and there is no price to great to save a life.

Dec 26, 2010 | Procom 10K BTU, Vent Free, 2 Plaque...

1 Answer

Carbon monoxide poisoning?


The problem is that it is burning up all the oxygen in the room. That is what makes the CO level high. He needs to either leave a door, or something open, and possible even a little fan to keep the Oxygen that is IN the room mixed. I figure he is working low, and there is not much air moving around him.
Get fresh air INto the room and the CO will not be a bother.

Dec 23, 2008 | Rinnai Desa Vent-Free Infrared Gas Heater:...

1 Answer

HEATER MAKING LOUD NOISES


Check the draft inducer motor for any partial blockages or dibri.

I've seen sticks, birds nest particles and pieces of deteriorating fan blades (squirrel cage type fans) cause this.

You might also find that the inducer motors bearing are going.

If its a loud vibrating grinding type noise, I'd suspect bearings or missing pieces of the blades. (unbalanced)
If it's a clanking type noise I'd suspect loose items hitting the fan.

The inducer motor will only operate right before and during burner operation, while the blower motor can operate at any time depending on your setting.

Dec 06, 2008 | Carrier XHB123D X/Y Series Heat/Cool Air...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Heating & Cooling Logo

Related Topics:

25 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Heating & Cooling Experts

paulcarew

Level 3 Expert

2517 Answers

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Are you a Heating and Cooling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...