When the mode button is pushed, I only receive the option of dehumidifying, or just fan. The manual claims it has a heat option but it is not available. A friend of mine has the same one and they have the...
Sorry to read about your problem, I hope this helps you out.
Their has to be a model difference issue . I have checked the Manuel and have put a copy of the section, for modes. and their is no heat only mode.
Your unit uses heat anyway, so i really do not know how, heat only would help you. I would say to look at the sticker on your friends model, and see if the numbers are exact.
When the unit is first connected to a power supply, the electronic circuit board will automatically default to the following factory settings;
Mode: Dehumidifier Humidity Set Air Value:60% RH Fan Speed: = Low
NOTE: In the event of a power failure or the unit is switched 'Off', the most recent settings are retained and restored once the power is switched "On"/resumed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Depending on the ambient humidity conditions, when power is restored or switched 'On' the dehumidifier may not start automatically under the factory or custom (see page 7) default setting. This is an indica- tion that the ambient RH% level of the surrounding envi- ronment is lower than the current default setting and it may be necessary to select a lower set RH% value.
DRY MODE SELECTION: 1. The unit does not have to be switched on (opera- tional) to select/set a program. All programs can be selected with the unit in the "off" position.
2. Press the MODE button until the Dry symbol is shown in the mode area of the display. Note: Each time the MODE button is pressed, the setting will alternate between DRY (dehumidifier) and FAN (only) mode.
3. Press the or cursor buttons to select the desired RH% operating value. To select CONTINUOUS operation,pressthe buttonuntilthesymbol"--" appears in the SET AIR display. During CONTINUOUS mode operation, the humidistat (control) will be by-passed and the compressor will operate non-stop regardless of humidity conditions.
FAN SPEED SELECTION:
4. Press the fan symbol on the keypad. Each time the button is pressed, the mode selection will alternate between "High Fan" and "Low Fan" speed options. The fan speed you select will appear in the LED display; either a 4 blade fan symbol for 'high fan' or a 3 blade fan symbol for 'low fan' will be shown in the display area.
5. When all settings are complete, press the I/O button to start the selected operation (MODE) and the blue opera- tion light will illuminate.
FAN ONLY MODE SELECTION:
1. Press the MODE button until the fan blade symbol is shown in the mode area of the display. 2. Press the "Fan" symbol on the keypad. Each time the button is pressed, the mode selection will alternate between "High Fan" and "Low Fan" speed options.
3. When all settings are complete, press the on/off button to start fan mode operation and the blue operation light will illuminate.
I tried to help you. Please help me and Rate/Vote on my response. We take the time to answer your question. take the time to rate us.Thanks and good luck
4 Thumbs - Very Helpful
3 Thumbs - Helpful
Dec 31, 2010 |
Danby DDR586R Dehumidifier