Question about Tablets & eReaders
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Charge it overnight and try again give it 24hrsif it don't work drain the battery until it resets it self then charge it 24+rs
Posted on Jan 09, 2015
SOURCE: I am trying to fix a friend's digital2 tablet the s/n is m961gpl1312 and every time it starts up it goes to the Android recovery page and I've tried to factory reset it and then restart it but it stil
you probably will need to update the firmware
D2_961 Firmware Update Instruction:
1. Download the D2_Firmware in the link below
2. Use an archiving software (Winzip, WinRar, 7 zip etc.) to extract the Firmware Update package and export it to your computer's local disk (ex. C:\)
3. Open up the zip file and there will be 3 folders as shown in image
4. Open "Pad Product Tool 1.05_02" folder and click on "setup.exe" to install update tool.
Click "Next" all the way until the program starts installing. Click "Close" when the software has done installing.
5. Open up "Pad Product Tool"
6. Click the icon and choose the firmware file "jellybean_atm7029_m2909_131216.fw" from the "FW_m2909_961_1115_1216" folder.
7. When the firmware file loads, it will show up on the PAD Product tool.
8. Now, click and hold down the "Volume - "key on the tablet.
9. While holding down "Volume - " key, connect the tablet to a PC using the USB cable.
10. Still holding down "Volume - "key, use a paper clip (or a small pin) and press the "Reset" button on the back of the tablet ONCE (and let go)
11. The icon will turn into . Click it to start the firmware update.
12. After the update is complete, remove the USB cable first, then turn on the tablet.
13. The initial start up time may take up to 50+ seconds.
14. After initial start up, tablet will require a reset. Please press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds to reset the unit.
Posted on Jan 19, 2015
rstech_teni is in your tablet as a core system app even though it may be no such thing. I believe it was put there by the tablet
manufacturer in some contractual agreement with some advertising entity. The Lookout malware scanner may sometimes detect it as malware you should just ignore it and not try to delete it, as it will result in your problem again.
You will not be able restore the tablet from the hardware restore menu (hold power & up vol) because it will not allow you to answer "yes" to the prompt to proceed.
Two ways to fix, (Later, on how to actually select something)
Go to >Settings >Apps >All
scroll down to rstech_teni, select it, and then select "Clear data"
If you don't see retech_teni you may find "rs_9104_v30". This may be a clone of rstech_teni, do the same to it.
2. (last resort, you will lose installed apps and data)
Go to >Settings >Backup & reset >Factory data reset,
Follow instructions, and your done.
And now the hard part, to deal with the message that will not let you navigate.
The easy way to get to "Settings" is to short tap power button to put tablet to display off/locked.
Then again short tap to turn on screen. You will see the rstecc_teni MSG hit OK in MSG. The MSG should be gone and not come back, do nothing else other than pull down the right upper drop down menu where the settings button is then select settings. At this point the evil MSG will come back.
From here on the frustration will start.
You will need to use two hands. Tap the rstech_teni OK with one finger on one hand and then quickly tap the Apps option with a finger on your other hand. This is kind of time consuming but it works after multiple attemps.
If you have a stylus pen, use it for the second tap to the option you want. It will seriously reduce the time it takes by making the second tap very accurate.
Within a half hour you should be able to get through this.
I know because I had the same problem.
Posted on Jan 26, 2015
Just thought I'd share ...... My problem was, I brought a brand new Chrome Tablet from Amazon that was stuck on a password page I never made it through the steps to set up my tablet. I didn't have a password & the vendor couldn't help. To hard reset my Chrome Inc Tablet, I held the power button & volume UP button at the same time until the recovery screen came on. The recovery screen shows a robot laying down with an ! mark. Then, while still on the robot screen, I pressed & held the volume UP button again until a list of recovery options came up. You use the volume up & down buttons to high light the option you want & then press the power button to select. I selected the wipe/out - erase data option and it worked. It took the tablet to the factory settings the way a brand new table should be.
Posted on Feb 06, 2015
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2016 | Ematic 7" Touch Screen Tablet
Feb 13, 2015 | Ematic HD Quad Core 7" Tablet 8GB Memory...
Sep 26, 2014 | Ematic FunTab Pro 7" 8 GB Wi-Fi Tablet...
Jan 24, 2014 | Ematic 7" Tablet Computer
Nov 21, 2013 | XO Vision Ematic eGlide 7Inch Touch Screen...
Apr 10, 2013 | Ematic eGlide XL2 10.1 Inch Android Tablet
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!