Question about Honeywell Water Heaters
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
sounds like the circuit board is bad,, when you turn on the unit does the fan come on first if not you need a circuit board, depending on the age it might be cheaper to change the whole unit
Posted on Jun 21, 2009
SOURCE: need reset code for richmond
I am poting this here hopefully it will help someone else. I have a richmond 40 gallon power vent water heater and it was not working. It was flashing 2-3 on the LED. I used this procedure and it started up..
you can reset the control by unplugging the blower during start up, leave unplugged for at least 5 seconds, plug back in and within 30 seconds cycle temp control from hot to low 6 times.
Posted on Apr 13, 2010
SOURCE: i have a 75 gal.
I answer questions for free.
My job is to provide resources that help you for free.
1) That being said, my research into FVIRs says you need a plumber when the FVIR trips.
2) The use-and-care manual for your model also says call a technician.
3) Buying replacement parts through a plumber is true for all water heaters except the Bradford White which has a resettable FVIR. BW is the only company with a re-settable FVIR, however the water heater market changes daily.
4) If the FVIR shorted and shut down the water heater, it probably saved a fire and maybe saved a life.
The following site says to call Rheem, who will tell you to call a local plumber.
The Rheem lineup of gas water heaters shows you have a 75 gallon tall heater:
The spec sheet for your model
The use and care manual has troubleshooting section > it says the combustion shut-off has to be inspected by qualified technician
To get opinions from professional plumbers in the field:
Posted on Nov 05, 2010
1) Rheem-Richmond does not post service manuals:
Copy following link to identify service manual by type of gas control valve:
2) For lockout, the air intake might be clogged or combustion parts dirty, causing overheating which will break TRD glass vial. Gas control may need to be replaced. Reset gas control by rotating knob to lowest temp for at least 6 seconds.
3) Call Rheem or local service tech.
Posted on Mar 10, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 04, 2015 | Water Water Heaters
Jul 20, 2013 | Audiovox Richmond 6G40-36F 6-Year Tall Gas...
Apr 16, 2013 | Audiovox Richmond 6G40-36F 6-Year Tall Gas...
Mar 10, 2013 | Water Heaters
Jan 29, 2013 | Water Heaters
Nov 11, 2012 | Rheem Richmond 40 Gal LP Gas 6 Year Tall...
Aug 08, 2012 | Audiovox Richmond 6G40-36F 6-Year Tall Gas...
Jun 13, 2012 | Rheem 40 GAL ELEC TALL Water Heater 6YR SC...
Sep 04, 2011 | Audiovox Richmond 6G40-36F 6-Year Tall Gas...
Jun 13, 2009 | Audiovox Richmond 6G40-36F 6-Year Tall Gas...
Nov 14, 2016 | Honeywell Water Heaters
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: