Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
It's all well and good for all these people to tell you how to continue to reset the ink absorber count but take a second to think why it says it? Inside all ink jet printer there are sometimes many felt pads that absorb the waste ink. Once they become full of ink, what happens? Well they cannot absorb any more so that ink needs to go somewhere. Where? of course all over the base of the printer and eventually over your desk/table. So when it tells you to replace them take it to your Canon service agent and have them changed. Its usually quite a big job as they are in the base of the printer. Only a few machines allow the user to change them.
Posted on Dec 16, 2016
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is what the manual says: Ink used for cleaning is absorbed in a waste ink absorber placed in the machine.
Press [OK] to cancel the error so that you can continue printing. Once the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, printing cannot be done until the waste ink absorber is replaced.
Canon recommends to contact a Canon service representative as soon as possible.
Posted on Nov 12, 2008
SOURCE: waste ink absorber full
It's Very Simple
Just Enter in Service Mode of your printer and clean absorbers count.
To enter in SERVICE MODE
1) Power off Printer
2) Push and hold "Resume" button and then push and hold "Power" button
3) Hold the Power button, then release and 2 times press Resume button
4) Led indicators must change
5) Release all buttons
6) Then printer in Service Mode
(If something wrong, repeat 1-6)
To clean absorber counter,
7) Press "Resume" Button 4 Times and after press Power button. It's all! Your absorber count is EMPTY!
In SERVISE MODE you can do several useful things:
To print Service Nozzles test, press "Resume" 1 time and press Power
To print EEPROM data, press Resume 2 times and press Power.
DO NOT press Resume 3 times and POWER. It will reset some EEPROM data settings
Any Question mail me: ossipenko(prettydoggy)gmail.com
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
Pixma ip 1880 is full(solution)
1. first unplug power cable and usb cable
2. hold power for 1-2 minutes
3. turn on power
4. your printer should back to normal printing
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
SOURCE: waste ink absorber full
Waste Ink Tank Reset
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.
(Wish I was down in your beautiful country!)
Posted on Jun 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 31, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 02, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 09, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 02, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 05, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 03, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 21, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Nov 12, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 30, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Sep 30, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!