Either the voice file is corrupted or not selected.
1. To select a new voice:
- Press TOOLS (Bottom right corner of the screen with WHERE TO and VIEW MAP)
- Press SETTINGS
- Press LANGUAGE
On this screen there are 3 items including VOICE. Press VOICE and select ENGLISH if it's not already selected. If that doesn't solve the problem the English voice file is probably corrupted and needs to be downloaded again.
2. To replace the corrupted voice file:
- Download and install, to your computer, the latest version of WEBUPDATER from http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27
- Connect your satnav to your computer and run the webupdater program.
- It will find any updates to the satnav operating system. Select all and install them.
- When the updates are installed webupdater will find optional updates including voice files. Select some of the English voice files and download them.
When they are downloaded safely disconnect your satnav and re-start it. You will then need to select one of the voices you downloaded as described in paragraph 1 above. This should solve your problem.